U

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024 2:27 AM

Urgent: Request for Resolution and Compensation for Service Disruption

Dear Xfinity Customer Support,

I am writing to express my concern and dissatisfaction with the recent issues me and my mother have experienced with my Xfinity Mobile service. I was lucky enough to buy a phone with you guys right before my old phone was blocked but my mother wasn’t as lucky as I was.Despite multiple attempts to resolve the matter through customer support, the problem persists and has caused significant inconvenience.

The problem:

• On June 30, I visited an Xfinity store to switch my SIM from T-Mobile to Xfinity. During the process, the salesperson encountered an issue with my mother’s phone’s IMEI number, which resulted in the phone being blocked and labeled as “hotlined.” This very thing happened to my phone too but I had bought a phone with u right before mines got blocked too. My old phone is in the same state as my mother’s current phone (blocked).
  • When asked for a compensation you all had the audacity to give me a moto G phone as a compensation for ruining an IPhone 13 Pro Max which isn’t fair at all. When asked for a fair compensation of either giving me a new iPhone 13 Pro Max or fixing the blocked iPhone 13 Pro Max you all didn’t agree, instead you said that I could have the the iPhone 13 Pro Max if I pay $39.49 per month for 24 months. 

Steps Taken:

1. We tried to fix it at the Xfinity store at 26125 104th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98030where we transferred from T-Mobile to Xfinity . The sales person who was helping us called a couple of numbers. The sales person said that the phone is blocked and hotline and we needed to buy a new phone.Mind you the phone was working perfectly fine when in T-mobile and this problem was only encountered here in Xfinity. We went home for the day as it was late.

1. On July 1 from 12:48pm onwards I started contacting Xfinity customer support which was rather unhelpful as we got nothing out of it and they recommended us to contact apple support.

3.Contact with Apple support at 15:14 pm, which confirmed that the issue is not with the phone itself but with Xfinity as all the calls that were made were redirected to Xfinity saying “ Thanks for calling Xfinity mobile may be monitored or recorded for more information about our privacy practices xfinity.com/privacy”.

Impact: 

• The inability to use the phone for calls has caused significant disruption and inconvenience, impacting the ability to communicate effectively.

• The unresolved issue has led to frustration and a loss of trust in Xfinity’s ability to provide reliable service.

Requested Resolution:

• Immediate resolution of the service issue to restore full functionality of phones.
  • Compensation for the disruption and inconvenience caused, such as a replacement of the old phone which is at least 13 pro max or credit really high credit.
  • I also want my old phone (iPhone 13 pro) to be fixed and receive a fair compensation for the trouble u guys caused me and my mother.

• Assurance that similar issues will be prevented in the future.

I did not switched from T mobile to your establishment just to face inconvenience such as this. I hope this issue can be resolved promptly and satisfactorily. Please escalate this matter to a higher-level technician or manager if necessary.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and resolution.

Sincerely,

Official Employee

• 

765 Messages

3 months ago

user_0oo0zx Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 months ago

The concern is not "accessibility / disability" help related........................ Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I also want to add that this problem has been persisting for almost a week now. This problem started on 7/1/2024 and now it is 7/7/2024. I was at the x finity store on Monday the 1st transferring my and my mothers line from T-mobile to Xfinity when my mothers phone got "blocked", my phone too got blocked but I was lucky enough to buy a new phone with x finity that very day and so my phone got blocked after I bought a new phone. I was relatively lucky compared to my mother who had not bought a phone at that store. We don't have the funds to buy two new phones at the same time so we cannot really buy my mother a phone right now. My mother is a working woman and it is very inconvenient for her to be functioning without a properly functioning phone and this issue has been persisting for nearly a week. This is really inconvenient for both me and my mother. It's inconvenient for my mother because lack of proper communication hampers her day to day efficiency in life, where as its inconvenient to me because I was planning on handing my old phone over to my younger sister who is also in need of a phone as she needs  it to communicate with me and my mother in times of emergency. We really aren't asking for all that  much either, all we really need is either you fix those blocked phones or compensate us with phones of the exact model as our old phone. There should be no reason that those phones were working perfectly fine when with T-mobile but not with Xfinity. We are really disappointed with how all this is being handled.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here