T

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 11:53 PM

Upgrading Device Misinformation + Xfinity Network Failure results in no solution.

I just am at a loss for words here over this entire issue. <EDIT: language>.

A week ago my wifes phone was not working properly, and we thought it was xfinity doing routine service in our area. After we were told they were done servicing our area, we still experienced the same issue, which is the phone not connecting to the xfinity service, no texts or phone calls, no nothing. We used the chat feature to talk with an agent who said he could do an esim trouble shooting method, to no avail it did not work. We went to the store and spent over 2 hours talking to a store associate while they were on the phone with the mobile support team, literally using every trouble shooting method they have on hand. Resetting the network settings, the phone, factory reset, swapping the Sims out with brand new Sims, trying the esim, swapping sim out with my phone sim. Everything. Nothing worked. The associate said we had an eligible upgrade on our account and we can use that to upgrade our phones and we can move on from this matter. We then get told we only have a $500 limit on our account and we can only upgrade to an iphone se. This phone came put in 2016. How on earth is this an upgrade? The associate told us in order to increase our spending limit we had to call experian. I called, they asked <EDIT: language>? How are they able to increase my spending limit with xfinity? Needless to say I sounded dumb while talking to them. Because theirs absolutely no way to increase your spending limit by talking to experian. Yet over the course of 12 hours and everyone I talked too literally told me to call them to increase my spending limit. So the solution to something that xfinity is at fault for, is forcing the customer to pay out of pocket for a new phone? <EDIT: language>? And on top of that, literally every agent I talked to via chat, phone and in person told me the same misinforming information about upgrading my phone so my wife has a phone. I refuse to pay for service for a phone that is best used as a paper weight at this point. What kind of customer service is this? In all my years being a customer, I've never had service like this before, where the company (who also profits millions a year) is unable to take accountability and keep their long term customers. What a way to lose a customer, I'll tell ya. From reviewing some threads before posting this, it seems so many people are also experiencing the same <EDIT: language> service as well. 

What in the actual <Edit: language> is going on xfinity? Do you just not give a <EDIT: language> about your customers anymore? Is there any xfinity employee here that can actually help or you just going to give me the same run around of misinformation like I've heard for the past week? <Edit: language>. 

- A very unhappy customer. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

5 months ago

Thank you for connecting with us in our community, @TwoPointZero, about your experience. We are sorry to hear it has been such a trying process to get a working phone with the esim issues and upgrade. We are happy to get assist with this further. To get started, please send us a Direct Message with your full name, and the complete address on your account. We look forward to your DM.

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here