U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, February 26th, 2024 3:26 PM

Unbelievable!! I guess I have to move all my services to another company, my $600+ per month clearly isn't valued!!

All I'm asking is for my paid off phone to be unlocked so I can sell it. The problem is, when my S22 Ultra was basically brand new, I damaged it and the insurance company sent me a new replacement device.  That replacement device has been my primary device FOR 2 YEARS NOW!!  I upgraded to an S24 Ultra now, and I have OVER 10 help desk requests to have my S22 unlocked and because the insurance company sent me a new device, I keep being told that 1) I provided the wrong IMEI, or 2) My S22 Ultra is not an Xfinity device, or 3) It is already unlocked.  All of these answers ARE INCORRECT!!! I have begged and begged for help, even had a manager email me but has not replied to a single email I've sent to them about the issue!  I will be filing a BBB case today as a last resort to get help, then I will have to pursue legal options, as I have no other way to unlock the carrier of my device, as it's locked to Xfinity despite me being told it isn't an Xfinity device!! I have never had a worse customer experience than I'm currently going through with this very simple request. What a shame, I spend over $600 every month with Xfinity and they're forcing me to switch services, it's not what I want to do but I can't have devices I pay over $1400 for to be locked after they're paid off and try over 10 requests to unlock it unsuccessfully. If anyone at Xfinity cares enough, you can call me at [Edited: "Personal Information"].

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 months ago

@user_73303d Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are very sorry that you are not having a good experience with us. We would recommend reaching out to our Xfinity Mobile Team directly to get this investigated further. You can reach out to them using either of these methods:

Phone - (888) 936-4968
Chat - https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 months ago

I'm sure they will not unlock it. I tried to get my phone unlocked. I talked, chatted and emailed with enormous people and spent literally hours. Xfinity refuses to unlock it even though it's paid off, because I'm not the original buyer. They claim it's to protect against lost or stolen phones. That's BS, if it's lost or stolen it would have been reported and blacklisted. They said it's the policy and there no exceptions. I said then it needs changed. All the other carriers will unlock their phones. I hope you're successful but I don't think you will be

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here