U

Sunday, August 13th, 2023 1:07 AM

Closed

Unable to upgrade phone with monthly payments

We have had our Xfinity mobile service for 2 years. Never had a late payment and have paid off our phones. We paid for our phones on a monthly payment plan. Our account says ELIGIBLE for an upgrade however when we went to get a new phone today we were told we had to pay in full. We were told the reason is because we no longer have internet services through Xfinity. We cannot have Xfinity internet due to it violating our contract with our apartments internet provider. When we turned off our internet we were told by 3 people it would in NO WAY affect our mobile service or its terms. I asked about the upgrade terms and was told that as long as payments were paid on time and the device was paid off we would be eligible for the same financing terms. We are confused and frustrated and would like this rectified. PLEASE stand behind your loyal customers and provide them with the same terms as when they signed up for you mobile services. To be completely honest.. why would we want to continue service when we are treated so horribly?

Official Employee

• 

754 Messages

11 months ago

We appreciate your feedback and understand your concerns. At this time we do not offer financing option to our customers who do not have our Xfinity Internet services. While it does not affect your active Device payment plan it is a requirement for new service or financing. 

2 Messages

9 months ago

It seems very unfair to not allow customers to participate in the flexible payment plan towards new phones because they no longer have internet services.

2 Messages

In the long-run this will hurt xFinity. This policy should be reviewed by xfinity's financial analyst. My next decision-action, is to go to another carrier altogether because of this policy.

1 Message

6 months ago

What a big disappointment finding out I can’t finance a new phone due to not having internet! I’ve been a customer with internet services 2018-2023 & sold my house recently canceling internet. Mobile phone customer for four yrs & this is how existing customers are treated. I’ll be switching companies in the next week for mobile services & will have a different company for internet when I get a new house.

Official Employee

• 

635 Messages

@user_kmoblj, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us using the Community Forums page today. You have reached the Xfinity experts who would be more than happy to assist you with your Xfinity related questions and concerns. It sounds like you are experiencing a concern with Xfinity mobile services. I completely understand wanting to have the best possible mobile devices at all times, and recommend touching base with our mobile team to see if there are any additional options for you prior to making a carrier decision. 

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

I tried to upgrade also, but can't because I don't have Internet. What does Internet have to do with mobile?? I can have a mobile phone without Internet. It's showing not active on my account page, but you all are still taking my monthly payments. I don't see the logic and it don't make sense. I've paid my bill timely with automatic payments for years. I will be finding another provider, been wanting to for awhile now, not like you all have great service to begin with. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here