U

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 7:09 PM

unable to return the phone for which I received wrong information about the plan and not informed about xfinity return policy

I was given wrong information by Xfinity Customer Service agent (Ricky) that since I am with Xfinity for long time and good customer I qualify for free new phone (Google Pixel 8) with $0 monthly charges for unlimited Data, Text, Talk-just pay state tax and activation fee. I spend long time talking to him and verifying again & again about the $0 monthly charges comes with the phone, he even send me the email showing $0 monthly charges for phone and unlimited data text talk plan but never mentioned that I have 14 days to return if I change my mind and there is no return label inside the phone package. even FedEx agent said this is very unusual not to have return label. 

I do purchase thing online, they come with the return label and clearly mention the return date (it is mostly 30 days of return period). Xfinity has unusually short time so CS agent should mention again & again unless he is trying to con customer and lying to get a good feed back. 

When I called CS for return within 30 days she told me I will received return label in email in 24-48 hrs. After 3/4 days I called again CS agent said I will received within 24hrs; called again CS said I passed the 30 days period and I have to explain her again timing  that I initiated the return process within 30days. 

It is very usual to spend 2/3 hrs if you call Xfinity CS and if you request to talk to manager it will take forever you have to wait because managers are too busy solving other customers issues! it shows I am how many customers are having problems. most of the time agent hang up or suggest to go Xfinity store or FedEx. & even promised to send me the labels via mail or email. never received. I went to store / FedEx many many times store refuse to take it because I purchase on line and FedEx won't accept with out label! 

I am senior citizen with limited budget- stuck with $800 phone which I cannot afford. I am on essential internet plan. 

I call Xfinity  CS so many times and every time it takes more than 2 hrs to talk to agent and still my problem is not solved. 

I am really v frustrated spending so much time talking to agents without any result.  

Again and again I was never told or received email that I have 14 days to return.

I received email to activate within 30days which I did, at that time also I ask the agent about the plan she confirm that there is no monthly charges. when I received the monthly bill I was surprised to see $89 on my statement. I called 888 # many times spend so much time explaining the issues to different agents with no result.

I will really appreciate if Xfinity resolve this problem soon.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_fpwqje I'm sorry to read about the trouble you have had with the promotional offer and the multiple contacts you have made trying to return the device within the allotted time frame. 

Thank you for reaching out to us on our Xfinity forums for help. I know you have called our mobile experts and gone to the store, but have to had the opportunity to chat with them? The mobile experts would be the #1 team to assist and handle the needs for the return since they have direct accesss to the account. 

1 Message

3 months ago

This is the same thing that happened to me now. I have the bills on me. Why all the lies

(edited)

7 days ago

Xfinity is terrible, I have the same problem as above. I have to pay off two device fees.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here