J

Friday, January 19th, 2024 7:31 PM

Trying to return a phone order: customer service hangs up, emails are unanswered, retail store managers have no power

Hello All,

I have been attempting to return an iPhone 15 since the day it arrived in the mail.  

First I tried online, but the web portal said I needed to activate the phone.

Then, I tried to call the support line, who opened a ticket and said there should be no problem creating a return shipping label, but that they needed level 3 support to authorize it.

Days passed and I called back, but apparently no previous ticket could be found and the conversation restarted. This time I used the original phone call recording to prove that the replacement was requested within the 14 day window. This call resulted in phone support saying I needed to go to a retail store, ask for a manager, request an unsolicited return, and then the manager would provide a return label. Xfinity store manager Yves Pichavant said the store managers have no power to print return labels or communicate with Xfinity support on my behalf. At that point we called the support line again and started the process ALL OVER AGAIN to open a new ticket, ECM0005425597, and that we should have received a return label the next day.

That was December 29th, and now whenever I call Xfinity support as soon as I provide the ticket reference I am put on hold and eventually transferred to another agent. Then the call is hung up by the agent. This is January 19 2024 and I no longer have a support channel to use in returning this phone.

To any agents out there capable of helping me, please reach out. I am desperate to close this problem or move companies that can actually support a basic return.

2 Messages

6 months ago

Now they have reset the phone number on my primary line. What is going on!!!

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

If you can't get an answer here, try a search "Xfinity Letter to Tom". I got a reply the next day, however even though  they never called back at least they heard me out.(LOL) Maybe in your case they will consider it important enough to reply to and actually help. I have found out the hard way the spotty customer service at Xfinty Mobile. Problems get passed from person to person, sometimes to a third party. That bot is unebelievable, if your problem is not within a narrow number of categories, they hang up on you! I hope your problem is resolved, mine was after three weeks of calls, posts and visits to the Xfinity store, phone sent to Samsung, etc. etc. We need to keep getting the word out about this spotty service. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

980 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @jameschambbers. If you are not able to reach the Mobile team through the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site I can look further into that issue from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here