L

Monday, December 4th, 2023 5:53 PM

Closed

Trade-In Rejection (ERROR) and phone being shipped back cannot be located

I purchased a new phone from Xfinity mobile and selected to trade in my old device (iPhone 13 Pro), with an estimated trade-in value of $830.  I prepared my trade-in according to the instructions provided, took a video of the General > About screen of the trade-in as proof of the phone I was sending back (on 9/29/23), and packaged and shipped the phone.  The phone was in great condition, was originally purchased from Xfinity, and was shipped back for trade-in assessment in the original iPhone box.

I tracked the device via the USPS tracking number provided where the shipment sat at a postal office in York, PA for days before being claimed.  I received no email confirmation that the phone was received/being processed nor did I receive one when the phone was rejected due to a "serial number mismatch". I had to login to my Xfinity account to check the status to see that it had been rejected and the old/trade-in phone would be shipped back "immediately".  It has been over 2 months and no one is able to tell me where my old phone is, when it will actually be sent back to me, or a tracking number for purposes of identifying where the phone is located, just that it's "being shipped back to the customer".  I have chatted multiple times with Xfinity, sat on hold for hours (currently over 2 hours on hold waiting to talk to a supervisor), and am now out the $830 trade-in value for a phone that is NOT a mismatched serial number (of which I have proof) and out the hundreds of dollars I could have made by selling the phone myself. When it was sent in, the phone was in great condition and I have no idea the conditions of which the phone is currently being stored in or where it is even located.

I have copies of the original iPhone 13 Pro order receipt from Xfinity noting the IMEI and ICC ID numbers, the "customer copy" of the trade-in instructions (which identifies an IMEI number which was on my phone but identified as IMEI 2), and a screen recording of the General > About screen of the phone that was traded in.  The recording I took of the General > About section of the iPhone prior to sending back matches the IMEI and ICC ID codes on the original iPhone 13 pro order AND identifies the matching IMEI 2 number from the trade-in paperwork.

No one from Xfinity has been able to help me after several attempt and several hours of my time just trying to locate where the trade-in phone is located that, according to my Xfinity account, is being "sent back immediately". Two months later and I am STILL waiting for the phone or for someone to be able to provide tracking information for the device.... just that it's being "shipped back to the customer".  Completely unacceptable and terrible business practice and customer service.

2 Messages

10 months ago

Update: received a call from Comcast support today due to my 0 rating in response to my phone calls from yesterday.  I had to re-explain my issue and the rep said she would try and find me a supervisor from the mobile department to speak with.  My call was transferred, I spoke with someone who was not the appropriate person, had to briefly explain the issue yet again, and was told I would be transferred to another department.  My call was transferred to Assurant and as I started to explain my issue (yet again), I was cut off by the rep and told he was unable to assist as they were not responsible for trade-in inquiries and my call should've never been sent to his company and instead handled by Xfinity directly.  More time wasted and zero assistance provided.  

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello lcvh1 Thanks for the update and coming to our community for help with your mobile account concerns. I'm sorry to hear about all the transferring you experienced. I understand how reexplaining your self is annoying as well. While our team can help with a wide variety of concerns, due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform--this includes billing, sales, device questions, etc. I am happy to see what options we have to help.  Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here