U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, November 25th, 2023 2:41 PM

Closed

trade-in rejected/ promotion scams

I traded in my old pixel 6 for a new promoted pixel 8 after being reached out to several times about the promotion. 
I was told as long as your phone works fine with no damage they assured me it will get accepted. My old phone is in perfect condition and works just fine.
I received the new phone in 2 days and sent my old phone to them. I waited until it got received and reached out to make sure it was qualified and that the promo will get applied and I was told that my phone was qualified and I was sent an email confirming this information, and the promo crerdit will be applied starting next month.
Then all of a sudden I received an email from XFINITY saying my trade-in was rejected and your phone is on the way back.
I sure called customer service and the agent was surprised as it shows on the system from his end that my old phone is qualified still and she told me to disregard this email as this is a glitch in the system and she received many calls regarding the same matter. 
I received my old phone the same day I got this email. I checked it and it is again working just fine. I reached out and they started a ticket for me and promised to hear back in 48 hours that this is most likely a mistake and you will have to send the old phone back again. it has been 4 days and I never heard back.
I was advised to go to a store for them to check my old phone and when I did, the store person told me that they can't do this and that I have to wait for the right team to resolve the issue.
Up to this point, I was not offered any solutions for my issue. No return for my new phone and no acceptance of my trade-in. This is the book's definition of a SCAM!
Lots of customers are complaining about the exact same thing and unfortunately, I trusted XFINITY and did not do any research before going for it.
My question now is how on earth for such a big company do you easily jeopardize losing your loyal customers with such a mess???
I am asking for my issue to be resolved ASAP. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

10 months ago

Greetings, @user_134830!  Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your trade-in, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

I'm happy to hear a ticket was already opened. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

data requested sent.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ please update me ASAP

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

We sent back a direct chat message, @user_134830, and are awaiting your response there. We will open a ticket to have a member of the Executive Relations team from Xfinity Mobile reach out to you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ 

I was promised a sensible resolution by the first agent ([Edited: Personal Information]) who called me first and was very understanding and then came another agent to cancel this and offering me to return the new phone after I have been using it for over a month. What a mess!

Please note that my old phone is working just fine and I followed the given instructions to mail it on time.

The last agent ([Edited: Personal Information]) came up with a "great" idea to justify the scam by blaming it on the customer. Unfortunately, he wasn't lucky enough as the reason he provided is completely wrong and didn't happen. He claimed that "find my phone" feature was enabled which is why we couldn't accept it. My phone is android and I have emptied it and factory reset it before mailing it which automatically cancel/disable any feature. Keep in mind that this reason was provided the last after two other different reasons.

The original reason was that there is no power in the phone and when I provided the video of my phone working fine they came up with another reason to justify their scam.

No resolution was done yet. I have been trying to reach out to case manager for 3 days now and got no response.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 months ago

I was promised a sensible resolution by the first agent ([Edited: Personal Information]) who called me first and was very understanding and then came another agent to cancel this and offering me to return the new phone after I have been using it for over a month. What a mess!
Please note that my old phone is working just fine and I followed the given instructions to mail it on time.
The last agent ([Edited: Personal Information]) came up with a "great" idea to justify the scam by blaming it on the customer. Unfortunately, he wasn't lucky enough as the reason he provided is completely wrong and didn't happen. He claimed that "find my phone" feature was enabled which is why we couldn't accept it. My phone is android and I have emptied it and factory reset it before mailing it which automatically cancel/disable any feature. Keep in mind that this reason was provided the last after two other different reasons.
The original reason was that there is no power in the phone and when I provided the video of my phone working fine they came up with another reason to justify their scam.

No resolution was done yet. I have been trying to reach out to case manager for 3 days now and got no response.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here