M

Tuesday, January 30th, 2024 1:58 AM

Closed

Trade-in FAILURE AND INSANITY AFTER 4 MONTHS WAIT & RIDICULOUSLY TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

There is something seriously wrong with xfinity service. I purchased a new iphone 15 with them on Sept 2023 given the $700 old phone trade-in promotion. There was a mix-up with diagnostic the first time around where they managed to interpret a crack on the SCREEN PROTECTOR (seriously???) as damage to phone and I had to resend that phone in after at least 6 calls to different departments and confirming the sending instructions. My old iPhone 11 was dropped off again on OCT 11 (I have UPS receipt and photos of phone front and back in good condition) and to this date, I have not received my credit-back nor any update for the phone status. I made well over 13 xfinity mobile/customer care calls (each taking well over an hour, not including the times I get bounce between departments and companies), multiple online/app chats, and in store visit, spoke to at least 3 different supervisors and 2 managers with over 3 “cases” created without receiving any valid updates for 4 months. I receive a different answer every single time I call in (they can’t even keep a cohesive story together), including but not limited to “it is being evaluated/processed, you will see credit next month”, “I don’t know who you talked to but it never arrived at warehouse/case they created was wrong and let me create another for you” (with the next agent saying it’s being evaluated, rinse and repeat!) and my favorite “let me create a ticket for you because there’s nothing I can do, you should get an update within 72hr” (update which literally never happened over course of 4 month). One case got closed without any explanation at all and the other mentioned as created wrong for something else. The last supervisor I spoke to said “be rest assured” she will get this taken care of and credit applied before end of call, asked me to hold for 10 min and then stood me up and made me wait over 2.5 hr on the call (and this is a common theme in past calls). The manager I spoke to in store today said no one is even assigned to my case that was created a long time ago with due date long expiring and also said he is not able to do anything but submit a ticket and told me to just keep waiting (AFTER 4 months of radio silence???). Xfinity is a big lying company with incompetent agents that are purposefully hard-to-reach with only goal to get you off the freaking phone because they don’t have jurisdiction nor training to take any corrective actions and would not hesitate to lie to your face to reach that goal. I want my money or phone back but they made it clear over 4 months that they don’t care about feelings of their customer and you should just swallow your loss. Definitely submitting a claim to BBB. Any other actions recommended? Has anyone tried filing a lawsuit in small claims court yet? Is that the only way to get their attention and your money back? This is fraud right?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hello @Mylau, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

This is exactly the same problem I have had. Sales agent promised me my monthly billing after the trade in would be $15.00/mo.  Overseas support was unable to complete the trade in on the phone without creating a new phone number on the account. I have talked to support in 3 different countries and have been unable to rectify the problem after at least 10 calls and 15 hours spent on the phone. The last agent I spoke with assured me he was going to solve the problem. I received a message from Xfinity support with a ticket number which was closed within 2 days with no resolution. 

3 Messages

7 months ago

The Xfinity Mobile Executive Resolutions team member was the right one to reach out to and got this resolved fairly quickly once they knew of the issue. I just wished that I didn’t have to waste so much time on calls talking to agents, supervisors, and managers who did not have authority/knowledge/training to act before reaching them.

Just for the awareness of all you folks stuck in similar trade-in nightmare, there is no way for you to reach these folks from normal calls so don’t waste your time. Posting on forum seems to be the right course of action. I was soon transferred to the executive resolution team after messaging xfinity support as directed. Shauna was assigned to my case and reached out on the same day. High praises to her for consistently providing callback as she investigated on the case and provided daily updates to me. Quickly offered resolution soon after (aka today), and all was resolved within a week. I just wish the other agents have the same competence or at least have the knowledge to escalate this upward throughout my myriads of calls in past 4 months.

Hope the rest of you will have the same luck of reaching the right person!!

1 Message

7 months ago

I'm having the same issue.  I traded my 14 pro max back in October and I'm still waiting on the trade in credits.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@Mylau Thanks for taking the time to update us and the community on the resolution steps of this issue!

@user_ju4gmo We appreciate you reaching out to our Xfinity Community Forums for assistance with this concern. We will be happy to help. Please send us a direct message with your full name, service address and any ticket numbers you may have.  

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 months ago

They don’t care and check Reddit to see how fast customers are leaving them for inferior services for the pleasure of no longer dealing with them.   They love opening tickets but that’s all that happens.  If a situation is not cookie cutter and requires any thinking, you are left holding the bag.  That’s a management problem and the hierarchy is deliberately set that way so tier one never has to escalate and pass to the non-existent middle management.  It’s worked for years but with the coming of fiber and more full service streaming options they will find out the hard way and have to make some tough decisions which will unfortunately mean mass layoffs.  Not today or tomorrow but in the near future.  Save yourself another 10 hours and consider this an expensive lesson.  No other solution.  They just don’t care.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here