ES

Wednesday, December 13th, 2023 7:49 PM

Closed

Trade-in credits lost. AND billed $1K for a phone that was exchanged and returned.

From the beginning my switch to xfinity mobile has been nothing but a headache... which is turning out to be an expensive one.

1. Bought two new iPhones using a trade-in promotion. Bought online through the xfinity website.

2. Mailed in the two trade-in phones.

3. Exchanged one of the new iPhones for a different model. (This "process" took about 5 hours of time dealing with support.)

4. Mailed the exchanged phone back using the provided Fedex return label.

5. Received emails stating I wouldn't receive trade-in credits due to my old trade-in phones not being received. (Tracking confirms they were.)

6. Called support, assured I would receive these credits for the trade-ins and that they were received.

6. Received email stating I'd be charged for the exchange phone since it wasn't received.

7. Contacted support, spoke with a supervisor who researched and said I had nothing to worry about, I would not be charged.

8. Billed $900 for the full price of the returned phone.

9. Contacted support about the $900 charge. Waited one hour for a supervisor who I could never get. Opened another ticket...

10. Still no credits received for two trade-in iPhones. Now they no longer show up on my account.

I've spent a dozen hours on the phone dealing with the exchange and then the subsequent problems. 

I'd simply cancel and move on, but at this point I'd be out the value of the two phones I traded in (about $800 if I sold them locally) and likely the price of the exchanged phone that was returned. That's a $1700 hit on a move I made to try to save some money on our monthly mobile bill. The worst part? My wife wanted to stay with Verizon. So now I get to hear about that. ;)

I'm feeling pretty helpless at this point. Any thoughts on what I can do? Getting a front-line supervisor on the phone is no easy feat. I don't know how I could get someone higher up who has the power and hopefully the desire to resolve this for me.

Any help is appreciated.

Erik

5 Messages

10 months ago

I'm curious if anyone has had any luck filing with the BBB or maybe FTC? This feels no different than being burglarized. Maybe worse because I keep spending my time trying to make it right...

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Erik_S

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited.  Please reach out to our mobile colleagues via:

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I've spent more than a dozen hours on the phone with that number. This is not helpful, just one more blowoff. 

There has to be a way to get to someone who has the desire and power to help me.

I just got a denial email on my ticket to get refunded for the phone I exchanged and sent back. No reason, just denied. This is so bad...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here