U

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 3:00 PM

Closed

Trade in issues

I am in with the majority, I called xfinity rep before I sent my phone in asking if I can take it to the store and give it to them instead of send it in. The rep on the phone said absolutely I’ll even mark it on your account so they know when you come in what you’re doing and everything will be great. I wanted to do this because I was afraid of like every other person. If you read on this for having issues, it would’ve been done at the store and they would’ve had a record of it. So I went to the store after talking with the rep on the phone saying I can and at the store they told me no you have to send it in because that’s how you started everything so we can’t do it. I was at the store for half hour, waiting to talk to somebody and then had to leave and send it out anyways. So I packaged it up very well. Took pictures of what the phone looks like took picture of how I packaged it and sent it through the United United States post office, as that my prepaid shipping label had on it. It only took a few days for the post office to deliver it to York PA. It says it was received by 245 on Monday the 25th and as of now 10 days later, there’s still no record of them getting it. Now I’m being billed for another month of full price when they have received the phone already so I called the rep again asked about what was going on and they have no record of it going in there saying I have to ship it. I told him I shipped it. I told him it was received. They don’t have a tracking number. I gave them the tracking number. They said it only gets shipped through FedEx, but it wasn’t it. It was a post office  I gave them the post office tracking number and basically just got the runaround again saying oh you just have to wait. This is the whole reason why I wanted to take it to the store so I didn’t have to worry about this now two months of paying full price when it was only supposed to be $$11 I’m now paying over $60 for a phone that I returned and did everything that was asked of me. Every time I talk to a rep I just get the runaround I can’t get an answer. I can’t talk to a supervisor. I don’t understand the poor poor customer service. As you are reading this, I would recommend if you want to send a phone number for trade-in maybe try to go to Store or maybe go to one of the other reputable companies that’ll take care of you and at least have good service. You may pay a little more, but you don’t have to keep on paying for something that was promised to you.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

11 months ago

I am kind of in the same boat...

My wife and I decided to upgrade our phones for the new iPhone 15 pros with Xfinity mobile.

We shipped both our phones back the next day and they received them on the 27th.

On September 30th, I received an email saying that 1 of the phones were accepted but didn’t hear anything about the other phone, we did ship them in different boxes as we were told to do.

My friend shipped his 2 days after I shipped mine and they accepted both of his already.

I have called Xfinity Mobile customer service 4 times already, created a ticket and no help is given all they can do is tell me they " have the phone in the warehouse and waiting for review"

Should I be worried? I did check the tracking number and they were both delivered. But only 1 of the phones got the credit and i heard nothing about the other one.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

11 months ago

Hi, @user_ykaq7o! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to contact XFINITY over our forums page and for patiently waiting for a response for help with locating that returned mobile device. This is definitely not the experience that we like to hear about. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We will certainly do everything within our power to get this resolved as quickly as possible by getting you in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you also tried reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

5 Messages

No still not fixed after talking to 2 different reps that gave 2 different reasons one contradicting the other. 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Did the tracking showed the phones were ready to be picked up by Assurant? I sent my trade in devices and it shows that they are ready to be picked up?!!

5 Messages

Not mine! It still says I need to ship it when they clearly received it 11days ago at 1230pm

6 Messages

@user_ykaq7o​ mine shows the same on Xfinity but on USPS it shows ready for pickup.

5 Messages

All 3 of my packages are saying Ready for Pick Up in York, PA post office…they are due tomorrow and I’m not sure what to do. XFINITY told me it’s 3rd party so they can’t do anything and to call USPS and Assurant but I don’t have any of the original information used to create the labels by Assurant so I can’t talk to USPS as my name isn’t on to the return label. I don’t even have any info on Assurant about who to contact since all correspondence has been through XFINITY and they’re acting they don’t have anything to do with it.

1 Message

Same case for me, any update for you from XFINITY or Assurant?

5 Messages

No, they keep telling me to call USPS but I’m not on the return label as either shipper or receiver so I have no authorization to discuss it with them. I got a number for Assurant from someone when they told me they aren’t linked to the trade-in…like seriously? They asked what was in the email for it and I told them it says contact XFINITY and that all info is accessible through them under My Account in My Devices….so how are they unable to do anything when everything says it’s through them. Only place it lists Assurant is on the shipping label and directions from the email 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I am in the exact same situation as you. My phone was delivered to them on September 27 but the website is still showing that I did not ship the phone yet

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

11 months ago

Add me to the list of people screwed over by trade in and xfinity/assurant.  My phone has proof of delivery but nothing from xfinity for two weeks now.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @MLaw7 ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. Thank you for your patience while you waited to connect with me. Oh no I definitley understand your concerns regarding the mobile phone the trade in you sent to us, I would be just as concerned if my phone was no where to found. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

11 months ago

Another to add to the list of screwed over people.  Took phone to xfinity store for Trade In (Iphone 12 pro max) and was told I would get the full trade in value.  The store handled the shipment to Assurant.  Now I'm being told that Assurant has deemed that the phone has "physical damage" and is shipping back to me.  No other details.  No tracking number, no shipment date... nothing.  Just "phone had physical damage."  The phone was in pristine condition when sent in... so any "physical damage" was caused by Assurant .... likely in an effort to keep Xfinity from having to honor their trade in agreement.  That's just my opinion.  Anyways... I've been on the phone with 4 different reps... and gotten completely opposite answers/promises/assurances from them. To say this is beyond messed up would be an understatement.  Is there ANY way to escalate or speak to a "higher up" about this?  Or would the actual local store be able to help?

5 Messages

I wish I knew all I do is try to talk to people and you get routed to the islands. They tell you one thing then another one tells you something else they assure you everything‘s good but you get nothing. Today was my due date to have it in there and yet still nothing it still says to ship my trade-in. If you go to the store, they will call the same reps that we have to talk to and they get nowhere also. Xfinity seems to pay a lot of money to people routed over free islands people that take surveys people that are reading this right now, saying asking if it was OK and everything was taken care of but they can’t help. They can read this and see that it’s not OK but they ask is it OK and then they say we cant help with confidential information here. Doesn’t have to be confidential there’s like tons of people that aren’t getting their phones taken care of all they need to do is work out something with assurance. 

2 Messages

I was able to escalate my case and put into contact with an Xfinity mobile executive resolution agent by contacting Xfinity support on Twitter.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_ykaq7o. We truly do want to make sure this issue is addressed. Although, our team is unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. 

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

(edited)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

9 months ago

I recently upgraded and I followed Xfinitys instructions on mailing in my Iphone 11 Pro Max. There's confirmation that my phone arrived on October 20th which was before the cutoff of October 25th. I called a few times and was told that it can take up to 2 billing cycles before I will see the trade in credit. On November 23rd I received an email from Xfinity stating that my Xfinity trade in credit has been canceled. Because it was the holiday I called the following day, November 24th, and spoke with an agent who confirmed by the tracking number that the phone did arrive on October 20th. She put me on hold while she called the warehouse and came back and said that they don't know why I would have received an email stating the trade in credit had been canceled and I would be receivng an email from the warehouse within the next 2-3 business days. I never received an email so I called back today, December 1st, and its like starting all over again. I gave him the tracking number and and he confirmed that it arrived on October 20th but thats all he could tell me. I feel like I've been patient enough considering today is December 1st and they've had my phone since October 20th. I asked to speake with a Supervisor or someone who can help me escalate this issue. He put me on hold for a while and came back and said he did't get a response yet from a Supervisor but rest assured one will be calling me to help with this concern. Not feeling too good about how this whole process has been handled. 

5 Messages

I have been waiting for a supervisor and an answer for 3 months now.  When I call I get the same [Edited: "Language"] you did and I called About 10x over the last 3 months and was billed 3 full phone payments or $150 more than I am supposed to. Xfinity is horrible!! They don’t care about their customers at all! 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_wgz20u, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

@XfinityChelseaB​ Xfinity Mobile Supports tells us to call Asurion, and when we call them they state they have no records of anything except phones that have insurance plans.  They are no help.  There are a lot of in the same situation.  We need a solution to this madness.Xfinity Mobile Supports tells us to call Asurion, and when we call them they state they have no records of anything except phones that have insurance plans.  They are no help.  There are a lot of in the same situation.  We need a solution to this madness.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_ykaq7o I'm sorry that a supervisor has not been in contact with you to help resolve the issue with the mobile account. I would be happy to open a request with our corporate peers to make sure we have all issues addressed. If you would, please send us a direct message with your name, service address and the mobile number in question. From there we will verify the account and open a request with our mobile team. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

9 months ago

I am in the same boat...

Our family of 4 decided to upgrade our phones for the new iPhone 15 pros - 2, iPhone 15 - 1 and iPhone 15 Pro Max - 1 with Xfinity mobile. We upgraded when there was a $700 offer for the iPhone 11. 

We shipped all our phones and xfinity received all the phones. After several weeks xFinity mobile accepted 3 phones and one phone they rejected claiming the phone has "Physical Damage". Also they sent the phone back to me. The phone is in pristine condition, i took the phone to the apple store to get evaluated and apple confirmed that the phone is not damaged. Also I took the phone to the local xFinity store and the rep in the store confirmed no damage. 

I have called Xfinity Mobile customer service several times already, created a ticket and no help is provided till date. In a recent call they closed the ticket and gave a credit for one month and promised me that I will receive a solution soon. 

When I searched the internet for a solution I saw thousands of complaints like this, I am surprised that no one has sued xfinity mobile for this issue. 

Maybe this is the time to start addressing the issue collectively rather than fighting individually. Please let me know your thoughts. 

Official Employee

• 

906 Messages

Hello @user_ihm3e6. My apologies that you are having an issue with trading in your Xfinity Mobile fun. Please make sure there is no screen protector or case on the phone. This can sometime be the reason why the phone is not accepted. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here