A

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023 12:36 AM

Closed

trade in device ISSUE!

so I have a trade-in device to get a credit for 650$ I sent it on their provided prepaid label, and delivered on Feb 20 2023, because they received it before March 4 2023, but then until now no update regarding my trade in device status still on not receive, and I keep contacting them like every 2 weeks on live chat or phone call. so what now xfinity? I'm still waiting? and keep telling me to follow up on the warehouse for 10 to 20 days. or just send it back my old device and I will return the new one and I will just switch to another carrier for this failure trade in device and proceed to legal

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Offer Number : [Edit: Personal Information]
USPS Tracking : [Edit: Personal Information]

rep told me they said they don't have the device yet, but USPS tracking said it have delivered and received WOW! for 3 months! getting lawyer ASAP

(edited)

5 Messages

@arjayvarious​ Did your issue got resolved ? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

im moving away from xfinity mobile trade in device never again and will not coming back, will switch another carrier, nothing help from the customer service, always keep saying THEY HAVE TO RECEIVE IT FIRST ON THE WAREHOUSE! but tracking said have been DELIVERED! i guess.. this is a lost CREDIT! what a scam.. i guess USPS tracking is a lie.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @arjayvarious, thanks for reaching out for help with your Xfinity Mobile trade in, and to express your concerns. We never like to hear that a customer has had a bad experience, and our team is here to help where we can. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited over this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests. However, we will be glad to look into this and help however we can. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Currently having the same issue and am on the verge of switching back to Verizon... sent my phone back with the label they sent me, and based on the tracking it was delivered on April 1st.. Nothing has been updated on their website about my trade in. I have called multiple times and they said it's not in there yet. I said how is that possible?? Then gave them the tracking info that showed them it was delivered on April 1st at 5:06 pm. After that they said it must not be processed yet and i would be updated via email when they do... Terrible experience. Will not be trading anything else to them... 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@Tj2345​ yes is like a scam to me... it have been 3 months.. still no update, and then still nothing.. so terrible.. if i know i should just deal it with samsung trade in.. same 3rd party is assurance but not this scam and steal your trade in device

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Hi @Tj2345 and all,

I'm truly sorry to hear about these issues with the Xfinity Mobile trade-ins! Our team here on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and our Forum) cannot work with Xfinity Mobile accounts, as we do not have the training, or access to any of the systems or tools that team uses, as a matter of security over social media, so please reach out to the Xfinity Mobile teams using the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

If you have already tried all of the above methods, please let us know! And if you need assistance with your residential internet, cable service, home security, or Xfinity landline, we can readily assist with those services and are here 24/7! 

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I already tried that and you know what the reply? Call assurant or whatever the 3rd party which you cant. And keep saying that they did not receive it even the tracking no. Already delivered by a person... worst service and planning to sue.. this is fraud and scam... it have been 3 months now still waiting for my device what a joke big company

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Currently in the same issue you are where my trade-in device was delivered to them in March. So far, no communications other than a "Credit cancelled" notice. Xfinity is unable to give the promotion since it is part of Assurant. When contacting Assurant by phone, their robot auto-answer keeps hanging up where I can never speak to a representative. Xfinity should be responsible for giving false advertisements and letting their customers down to their 3rd party companies. Very unprofessional and now our trade-in phone has been taken from us without any further notice.  If you are proceeding into litigation, a class-action lawsuit should be started.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same issue. Sent in my Galaxy S21 in for credit during the Samsung S23 promotion back in February 2023. Was told that I would receive $550 promo credit to apply towards the new S23 phone. My trade-in was received by their warehouse the end of February and I received a confirmation email saying that it was received in working condition and qualified for the $550 credit. It is now the middle of May and I still have not received the credit. I have called every phone number and chat service that Xfinity has provided. I have spent countless hours communicating with them and Assurance and I keep getting lied to. Lies over and over again. I am planning on switching carries and seeking legal action as well. Fraud for not honoring the contract and theft for stealing the phone that I could have easily sold locally. I hope someone starts a class-action lawsuit so Xfinity is held accountable.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_b204e3​ 

Just following up to this. Another month has passed, another new billing cycle and no credits issued. Have spoken with Xfinity a couple times during the last month and they say they have escalated the issue. Each time I contact them, I now ask them to check the notes on my file and they do repeat back the problem. At least it's in their system as an issue. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they have forwarded the complaint to Xfinity. I was informed that responses usually take about a month. I'm hoping this leads to a resolution but I am doubtful. 

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@user_b204e3

By any chance, what timeline where you given for a resolution. You mentioned something about a month?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Filing the complaint with the Better Business Bureau lead to my issue being settled. I received a call from Xfinity a couple weeks after issuing my complaint to the BBB. The lady was very nice and I could tell that she was calling from somewhere in the USA, not a Call Center somewhere in India like the dozen other times I spoke with one of their agents. I verified a few details including the original promotion number and she said she would escalate the case with Assurant. I checked my account this morning and I had five months worth of credits applied to my account and all the trade-in status had been updated.  Yay!

[Edited: Solicitation]

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I also have the same issue. Shiped old phone in Feb. and got an acceptance email on Mar. 20. Trade in status is still in under review.status.

Had a chat with service rep and he told me to wait a week. Nothing happened. Contacted xfinity mobile again. This time they asked me to contact Assurant team to fix the problem. What??? They cannot resolve the problem? Today I contact the Assurant team and they couldn't fix the problem. I'm really disappointed and feel lost.  Is the  xfinity trade in program scam??

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

I can definitely understand your frustration with the situation especially when it comes to a trade-in credit. 

Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account-specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Text Message: 888-936-4968
Phone: 888-936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityEdgardo​ this is a common problem and Xfinity needs to do better. I have used the mobile service since 2018 and have been thrilled with the service until now. I have reached out via chat and phone multiple times and have been given different answers every time, but all end with promises that I'll get my credit soon. I will be reaching out again but unfortunately it will be with a demand for the credit before I finally take this to small claims court. I'd like to think xfinity could resolve it without me going to that length, but other peoples' posts are telling me there is a major issue with honoring promotions, so I have lost hope. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

We'd love to further investigate this issue together. Would you be willing to send us a private message with your full name and address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign in" if necessary

-Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears, and the "Xfinity Support" graphic will replace the "To:" line

-Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

-Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I'm sorry to say I am also having this issue. I intend to take them to small claims court now that I know they have a track record of not honoring these promos. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

New user.  First post.

I sent in 2 phones for a $700 trade in EACH

Tracking shows delivered.

I got a trade in cancellation email.

Xfinity and Assurant both shift blame to each other.

Excuses Excuses.

I will go to small claims court as well.

they can’t even find my old phones which were in perfect condition!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@SouthWestGA​ maybe they want it to blame on usps and the guy delivery these stealing it or it giving someone on the address and keep it themselve

1 Message

Do you get things solved after going to small claims court?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I too am having trade in issues.  Can somebody with some authority contact me please?

thank you 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@SouthWestGA​ you dont need too, they are useless and clueless... same script.. xfinity should have a better 3rd party communication and agent for these but all these trade in is a fraud.. then why stick to assurant if they keep impose to have these pratice nothing work.. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

So what’s a course of action that has results?

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

Hello, @SouthWestGA. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We would be happy to look further into this for you. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here.
Trade in received confirmed by their provided USPS tracking number on March 31st, way before their April 7th due date.

Called NUMEROUS times to XM support and trying to talk to a real person who are overseas and just given the runaround and an escalation ticket number by a tier two rep.

One CSR explained that the Assurant warehouse is very backed up and is taking them a prolonged period of time to go through and examine every phone.

I have not tried calling Assurant myself yet.

Today I tried calling again since I was given the escalation ticket number and a 7-day reassurance of the issue being resolved and have been hung up on 3 times with no call back.

This is way past being ridiculous. Where is our trade in credit Xfinity? Why are you just giving us the shaft when we do everything right on our end per YOUR terms?!

I was promised $550 for a working, damage free Samsung Note9. Which I provided in very good packaging to ensure it reached the destination in the same condition. It is the ONLY reason why I decided to upgrade my phone and now I'm stuck with an extra $60 a month instead of an extra $30.

We need ACTUAL customer service! This NEEDS to be escalated NOW!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same case with me. I returned the trade-in on March 18th and still no update. I have contacted customer service several times, but they always give the same answer and have no effect. When I call the given number, it just says that there is no registered phone number. This is a complete scam. I'm going crazy.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Ok. I at least don't feel personally targeted, but my phone was received by Assurant in February and I'm still waiting. Also signed up for the trade credit in February. It's June! I love my phone service, but I'll never get another phone from xfinity. I feel like my awesome s21 was stolen. I don't have time to bug them by calling with no resolution. But if there is a class action suit, sign me up! Considering changing companies once this phone is paid off. Very disappointing.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@

Nessiepick1  I can definitely understand feeling disappointed and that's not what we want for any of our customers. I see you mentioned not having time to call, have you reached out via chat or text?
 • SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
 • Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile    

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I currently have the same issues. Final an agent said they would escalated a ticket for me. Today I got a email denied  my ticked told me to file insurance claim with the insurance company. This has been a nightmare. I am so tired of talk to agents via chat via call talk to several supervisor  noting. 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue.  I've been dealing with this since April.  After an hour or two on the phone getting transferred repeatedly (internally and externally) I've been using the chat feature on the web since so I can copy a transcript and take screenshots of each conversation.  Every time I'm guaranteed the issue will be dealt with within 48 hours.  Given a ticket #, a chat id #, etc to follow up with.  Next bill comes and no credit.  Just got off my last chat with the same thing.  Guaranteed it'll be there next month for the 3rd time in a row! If it's not on the next bill I'll be opening a fraud case with my state's attorney general's office.  It's not even worth my time anymore.  Let them deal with it.

** UPDATE: I received an email the day after posting this that my account has been credited.  We'll wait to see what the actual statement says.  Hopefully this is the end of the struggle.

** UPDATE 2 (8/15/23): Just opened the mobile app and see the full credit was applied 7/21.  They actually applied a straight credit (as opposed to a pro-rated credit), so my balance is negative.  Even better.  Everyone having issues, keep at it!  This was for a phone purchased mid February.  Took 5 months and more than 10 calls and chats, but it finally got sorted.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here