U

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, December 19th, 2023 10:44 PM

Closed

Switching to new mobile provider

Hello,

I am looking into switching my family to a new provider because we all need new phones for various reasons. They are a few years old and starting to act up and one of the screens is starting to go out.

My question is, when switching to a new provider and moving out numbers over, do we need any special information like a passcode? 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

10 months ago

Hi there, @user_e8f6cd. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums regarding your porting inquiries. We're certainly sorry to see you go. Our Xfinity Mobile team can certainly help and explore options for new devices if you would like to explore that. However, each carrier might have different requirements and below is a list of some or all of the items that will be needed. In addition, you need to make sure to keep your service active until the porting process has been completed: 

• Telephone number being ported.
  • Account number.
  • PIN.
  • Account holder's name.
  • Billing address.
  • Last four digits of the account holder's Social Security number (SSN).

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for the information!

I have talked to Xfinity chat and called and they told me if I needed a new phone I would not be able to get a new deal for an existing phone line and unfortunately I can't afford full price on 3 new phones and need the phone soon, as my screen has broken. 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

We definitely don't want to see you go, and wish there were other options we had for you. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here