U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, February 24th, 2024 4:23 AM

Spam filter full

I try designating email as spam. Pop up notification shows email spam filter is full. How to find the spam filter list so I can delete the oldest to make room? All online advice says to find settings, symbols that just aren't there. Android Samsung with Google chrome.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

776 Messages

4 months ago

Hey @user_8bb72d  have you tried to clear out cache/cookies when browsing on Chrome, or using Incognito Mode, with the same results? Is the Chrome Browser fully up-to-date? Are you having any other issues on the MYAccount website, or just this in the email inbox? Finding the Spam Filters is straightforward as you've seen online. 

Set email filters or spam filters — Xfinity Email help

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Your concluding fix works. Thank you. However that gear symbol was not as easy to find. 

On the email home page....default Inbox folder....on my Android Samsung Galaxy phone: no gear symbol.

I click on Inbox to have the left hand sidebar slide open where all the folders are....Sent, Trash etc....

At the top right of this slide out sidebar is a stand alone unbolded gear icon. 

The menu generated from the gear icon has spam filter settings and a file listing all the addresses I've marked as spam, with the option to remove ones I choose. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ Doesn't work. I fixed it when I cleaned out my spam folder on my Android phone. When I spammed an email, it had nowhere to go except my inbox. 

les

Problem Solver

• 

441 Messages

4 months ago

@user_8bb72d The problem is because the limit has been reached from your email provider. You'll need to delete from there. See this thread: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S22/Spam-filter-list/td-p/2307868

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​  so basically call Comcast customer services and wade thru the levels there and hold time and hope they raise the 500 addresses alotted.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Turns out there is a fix from your phone.

Go to email homepage...default Inbox folder. 

On left click Inbox for the list of all folders. As a stand alone, at the top right, is a gear icon....to me it seems small and unbolded. I've never noticed it before, after 10+ years. 

In the menu generated you finally see an option to pull up all addresses designated spam. You can delete addresses there.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

4 months ago

... The problem is because the limit has been reached from your email provider ...

No, actually. Although I suppose there is a limit to the number of spam reports Comcast/Xfinity's mail servers can handle, I've never heard of anyone reaching it, and the limit would certainly be much, much larger than 500.

Although the OP did not specify what they are using as an email client, the problem appears to be a limitation of Samsung's native email app. The path they described ("... Inbox ... unbolded gear icon ... file listing all the addresses I've marked as spam ...)" is not where the Xfinity Connect webmail "gear icon" is located, and is not how webmail's spam filtering works. But it's exactly the path to the "gear icon" in the native Samsung "Mail" app, and it's exactly how that app works. And although I haven't been able to find an authoritative source for the information, the app appears to have a hard limit of 500 spam email addresses.

Fun though it is to bust on Comcast/Xfinity, in this case the problem appears to be on Samsung and an oddity of it's native email app.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 days ago

I had a big SPAM problem that came on all of a sudden. I would select several and hit the Spam button, and then they would come right back, into the inbox, on my Chromebook using X infinity e-mail. I started looking around and trying things and found out the spam folder on my Android phone was full, so the spam would go directly into my Inbox on my phone and my Chromebook. Once I cleaned up my phone, the problem was gone...Weeeeee

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

And how did you 'clen up your phone? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here