S

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 6:15 PM

SMS Incoming not working

I just transferred from Verizon to Xfinity mobile.

After transferring two issues

1. SMS incoming is NOT working, SMS outbound IS working (Xfinity stated to me that this is an outage they are having, can anyone confirm?)

2. Apple Iphone, voice mail greeting button reports an error unable to retrieve greeting: com.apple.mobilephone error 1034

3. *86 brings me to what appears to still be my verizon voicemail, including my password and old messages. However xfinity reet my password and it DID reset but it still has my verizon messages and greeting, but noone hears my greeting, just system default.

3. In the PHONE settings trying to change password I get a 'Voicemail unavailable' error.

4. Voice calls in/out work fine, data works fine.

This is my first time moving off verizon in years and i'm regretting it. Any thing here sound familiar? Any recommendations?

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

5 months ago

The support person to fix this removed ALL network features from my phone, then re-added them back one by one. after that SMS and VOICEMAIL WORK!

3 Messages

And he had me reset network settings once he removed all features.

Official Employee

• 

946 Messages

@sberube Thank you for reaching out and for sharing the solutions that you found while working with the agent. It's good to know everything is working as it should. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here