U

Friday, November 24th, 2023 8:44 PM

Closed

Scammed by Xfinity agent

I was having issues with my internet in September and chatted with an agent on the Xfinity chat. I got scammed by the agent on new phone service who said no porting number was needed. I was also told by the agent that there would not be an earlier termination fee if I cancel my service and what I need to do is just return the phone to Xfinity.

I didn’t know that I would be charged for this phone until I saw the billing statement in my email. I have called customer service many times through the 611 number but with no resolution.

I hope to have a resolution soon. Xfinity needs to take responsibility and accountability. Your agent lied to me and scammed me and I should not continue to pay for this phone.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

8 months ago

Good afternoon @user_h0ujtf, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We are sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with your phone service. So that we can ensure that this issue gets to the proper channel, can you please confirm this is for XFINITY Voice or Mobile service? 

3 Messages

This is for XFINITY Mobile service.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Thanks for clarifying, @user_h0ujtf ! The primary way to get assistance with mobile is via reaching out to our great partners with XFINITY Mobile. They have a few ways for contact:

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

If you are having trouble with those options, please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address, best contact number and email address, so we can get you authenticated and facilitate assistance. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

7 months ago

@user_h0ujtf, I have called the 888-936-4968 listed above but still getting no resolution. I need to escalate to higher level who can actually resolve the issue.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@user_h0ujtf Thanks for confirming you gave them a try! Per my previous reply, please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address, best contact number and email address to get the ball rolling. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Did anyone help you?  Did you get this resolved?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here