C

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 4:39 PM

Closed

Returning Xfinity Mobile Device

I added xfinity mobile service to my internet + cable plan in March of this year. My wife recently lost her job, so I contacted Xfinity to cancel my mobile and cable services to try and cut down on my monthly expenses now having only one income. I have had issues with Xfinity in the past where I am told one thing over the phone, and what I was told or promised is not honored. For this reason, I signed up for the Xfinity Mobile service via the Xfinity Chat Service, so I could save a copy of the conversation for my records. Here is what I was told (word for word) copied directly from my chat conversation with the Xfinity agent in March:

”And if you go with the free device which is " ON US" the Google Pixel 6A there will be 24 months contract and if you wish to cancel it you can just return the free device.

There is be not any penalty or fees you will be charged extra.

Will that be okay for you ?”

Now that I have cancelled my Xfinity Mobile service, I am trying to return the Pixel device. When I called the rep to cancel last week, I was assured I would receive a return shipping label within 24-48hrs. It has now been 9 days since the cancellation, and I have not received anything to my email address. I have also visited my local xfinity store to return my cable boxes, and I was told they could not help me with a mobile device return in store and I needed to call customer service. I called customer service today, and they told me the device has already been deactivated and no shipping label can be generated for it now. This is ridiculous! I have done everything by the book, played by their rules, paid my bill on time every month, and even have saved conversations with their chat agents. The agents say one thing, and then do not honor their own words. Can someone please help me with how I can resolve this issue?

Official Employee

• 

988 Messages

9 months ago

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. We have a specialized team of experts that are able to assist our Xfinity Mobile customers. That team can be reached at 1 (888) 936-4968 via text message and over the phone. If you'd rather chat with a Mobile expert online, that can be done through this link comca.st/3G78PAk. We know our customers are the best part of Xfinity and appreciate you taking the time to give us the opportunity to help.

Here's a link to our Xfinity Mobile website https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support.

While we're checking on your account, are your other Xfinity services working all right for you? Do you have any other concerns I can help with?

2 Messages

Hello XfinityKrista,

Yes I have spoken to multiple customer service representatives over the past 10 days at the number you provided. Yesterday (Oct 5th) I was informed by the customer service rep that I could still do a “Terminal Return” if I add a second line to my Xfinity Mobile account and associate the Pixel device to the new number. I was told the system would then allow the staff to generate a return label for the device. I allowed them to add the second line and was told to call back in 2-3 hours to request the return label. When I called customer service again this morning, I was told that I should not have added a second line because the device is absolutely not returnable. At this point, I have been given the run around and so much misinformation, I have an appointment at my local Xfinity store this weekend to cancel ALL my services. I have never had an experience like this with any other service provider, and I cannot believe after being a loyal Xfinity customer for so long, that this is how I am being treated.

Official Employee

• 

938 Messages

@ccardoza087 Thank you for explaining the steps you were advised to take, and again I'm sorry for the varying details during your contacts. I would love to get us on the right path and make sure we do everything we can to help out. Would you please send us a direct message with your name, service address, and the mobile phone number so that I can work with our team to connect with the mobile team. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I have a similar situation. When I called to renew my internet services, the sales person convinced me to try an xfinity mobile line. I tried to reject it, but ultimately was convinced when I was told I had 60 days to return it. About 18 days after I received it I tried to return the phone at an xfinity store and I was told i passed the 14 day return policy. I called xfinity mobile and they said them same. I informed them I was told 60 days to return it as I had it written down on my notes. I called xfinity and they instructed me to mail the phone back to the address on my bill. I asked if I needed a shipping label and they said I didn't. A few weeks later I was left a voicemail by xfinity stating they would be returning the phone to me because it was locked to me. I called xfinity and they told me the was received and I would be getting a full refund. I received an email stating the money was credited to my account. They also instructed me to call apple support to resolve the phone being locked. I called Apple support and they unlocked the phone. I called xfinity to left them know Apple had unlocked the phone. A few days later the phone was mailed back to me. The phone was still locked and Apple support was successful in unlocking the phone. I reached out to xfinity via the chat this time, they informed me where to return the phone. I asked if they were sure I could return it in person, because I was denied once before. They assured me I could return it at the provided location. They set me an appointment to return the phone in person. When I arrived at my appointment, the manager again  refused to accept the phone. She stated that I was long past the 14 day return. I informed her of all I had gone through and she said my best hope is to call xfinity again.

This has been am exhausting struggle with some xfinity employees saying one thing and others saying other things.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

I am so sorry to hear that you have been told multiple different things, that never creates a good experience for you. Our return policy with mobile phones is 14 days. We wouldn't have any way around that. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

6 months ago

My issue is when I went to get my phone and set it up one of there workers rushed thru mine helping other customers in the process i told him not to hook my old ohone to there picel phone he did anyway so because old ohone was infected now new one is the only way to fix the issue was to factor set it well ya now i have an expensive pixel running [Language] that i of sy 78. And some odd cents a month for no service. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

971 Messages

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_0vsagw. I am sorry to hear of your experience with the Mobile service. Due to account security our options with the Mobile service is limited. Have you reached out to the Mobile team directly at the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site for assistance with that phone?

4 Messages

4 months ago

I’m having the same issue trying to return a phone. I’m within the 14 day return limit. I’ve used the on line chat and was told I could return it. I received a text with a case number only to get another text saying ye case was closed. So I called and spoke with an agent and got the run around. I now have less than 24 hrs to return the phone for a refund. How can I return the phone?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here