T

Thursday, October 19th, 2023 7:23 PM

Closed

Return [Edited]

On October 9th, Xfinity received my returned iPhone 15 Pro which was in brand-new condition, and shipped back via FedEx with safe packaging to prevent any in-route damage. On October 15th, Xfinity attempted a $1100 charge and cited "Functional Damage". After spending hours on the phone with multiple techs in multiple departments, I was told that the phone was functionally damaged, but there were no notes as to the specific damages and also no photos or documentation on the damage. 

Essentially, they cannot prove any damage (because there was none)! They also told me that the valuation is final, and that they can't do anything. I now apparently owe $1100, and have not even had the phone returned to me as they said happens with functional damage valuations. 

[Edited: "Inflammatory"] - I would advise updating/removing payment information before returning as this appears to be happening to many people on the forums. Xfinity has also seemingly wiped comments by myself and others on other questions here, that detailed the same issues. This is ridiculous and needs to be addressed, not hidden!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 year ago

Hi, @thehyphyfj! Thanks for spending your time to contact XFINITY over our forums page for help with the mobile phone damage concern and for patiently waiting for a response. This is definitely not the experience we like to hear about. We will certainly do everything within our power to help and ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. In addition to calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, have you also tried reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

6 Messages

1 year ago

Exact same issue here. I shipped the brand new iPhone back without thinking too much because Xfinity (or Comcast) is such a big company right?! They didn’t even communicate with us before putting the charge on us which was such a scammy scheme.

9 Messages

Do THIS NOW!!!!!! File a complaint with the FCC and BBB. As the user miker1978 did.  They literally gave me the same run around file a claim with fedex, you have to fix it sir, bla bla… last night at 10:30 pm I filed a complaint at both the BBB and FCC after chatting with a representative at 9:50 pm. This morning at 8:15am I call Xfinity and magically the phone has been found at the warehouse and it has a perfect condition. What the literal F***. They are scamming people. 

1 Message

I can't get them to send me a return label.  They sent one on 11/29 and I came in contact with Covid but managed to get the phone to a Fed X location who said the printed label was not a label and the bar code expired.  I worked criminal for many years and now seeking help from attorneys who deal with matters like the.  Also I had to go wiht a new carrier once the CEO asked that I return the phone due to their holding my trade in for over 5 months and claiming I had the phone.  Went with a senior plan offered elsewhere and just want the nightmare of Comcast Xfinity Mobile over to live anxiety free.  They never give their last names and lie about issuing return labels within 1 hour.  70yrs old on fixed income

17 Messages

1 year ago

What is going on? I had the same issue. On September 28, I returned my iPhone 15 Pro in BRAND NEW condition, and I never opened the box. After they received it, they charged me $1100 for the phone with the same reason, "Functional Damage," and never specific about it. They couldn't prove any damage such as photos or anything related to it and now I owe them $1100 without any phone returning back to me. This is totally scam and robbing of customers 

6 Messages

@user_up9xzh​ Received the exact same email without any further clarification. I don’t understand how can this business still keep going. We all need to stand up and make them pay the price. 

17 Messages

I tried to contact them and create the case, but eventually, they closed the case without providing any reason. And now they ask to create it again. This problem will never end, we need to do something about this, or they are robbing us all. Does anyone know where we can file the complaint to?

9 Messages

FCC and BBB. stop payments at bank and credit card company. claim fraud. 

9 Messages

Do THIS NOW!!!!!! File a complaint with the FCC and BBB. As the user miker1978 did.  They literally gave me the same run around file a claim with fedex, you have to fix it sir, bla bla… last night at 10:30 pm I filed a complaint at both the BBB and FCC after chatting with a representative at 9:50 pm. This morning at 8:15am I call Xfinity and magically the phone has been found at the warehouse and it has a perfect condition. What the literal F***. They are scamming people. 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Have you solved the issue? I am facing exactly the same issue. I got $785 charged after returning the iPhone 15. I am their customer for a long time. This is frustrating 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

The same thing happened to me. I wouldn’t an iPhone 15 Pro. However I did open mine and realized I wanted the iPhone 15 Pro Max. But only had it open for a day to see that I didn’t want it sealed it bubble, wrapped it put it back in the box. However, I seen messages like this before so I took pictures of the phone before putting it in a box. I know you couldn’t do that with yours because you never opened it. I sent it back so I confirmation they received it called after not hearing back from them and they said they were going to charge me $1099. Because the phone came back with functional damage I’ve been going through this for the last month. Filed a claim with FedEx who then denied the claim. I sent them pictures of the phone and working condition before I send it back. Now all of a sudden they’re saying it was a glitch on their system and that there was nothing wrong with the phone. However, they had already taken out the $1099 dollars out of my account. This after being on the phone for weeks and speaking with probably 30 to 40 people and being told something different every single time I called. I sent a trade-in they received it back on October 3 and they still haven’t applied the credit saying it still being assessed. I will never get a phone through Xfinity again. Thank goodness I found this for him or I would not have known to take pictures of my phone before sending it back.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here