U

Friday, January 19th, 2024 5:48 AM

reolink app crashes and Xfinity says my phone does not exist

Have a moto e5 play with android phone with Xfinity Mobile Services. Two issues

Item one: Bought reolink cameras and installed app - worked great for 3 months. Then two days ago, crashes intermittently. Error  : "Reolink has stopped, Open App Again" Sometimes after hour, sometimes 5 minutes. No rhyme or reason. Have Samsung and ISO also in household - none of them crashing. Tried everything. Makes no sense, no other changes done to phone or camera's. Fixes tried:

1. Force Stop

2. Cleared all data and cache for all apps

3. Disable all features in Reolink app

4. Deleted and reinstalled APP wice

5. Did factory reset on phone and started over

Item Two: Worst part, took phone back to Xfinity and offered to just buy a new one, cash. They refused to let me replace the phone on existing contract because I dont have internet service with them anymore but kept my phone services which I pay a $25 fee for every month plus data plan.

When they looked me up in system they said I did not have an active account. Showed them my Xfinity app, the account info and billing I have been paying.  So basically I don't exist, cannot transfer my number to another carrier and I cannot upgrade my phone.

Solution: Fire xfinity mobile, get new phones with new provider, new numbers and do not look back. Cancel my services that do not exist or at least cancel automatic payments. bet they find my account then. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

@user_hxa04i Welcome to our Community Forum. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited over this platform. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests for our Mobile customers. I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here