T

Monday, January 29th, 2024 5:44 PM

Received Samsung s24 Ultra Pre-order, can't activate due to order still processing, and showing not shipped?

Received my Samsung S24 Ultra pre-order in the mail today, though there is no activate option available. I spoke with a chat agent and they advised me it can't be activated due to the order still showing as processing. It isn't even showing as shipped. Is there any remedy to manually complete the order so I can activate and use the phone, since I have it in hand, instead of it being a paperweight? 

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

5 months ago

This issue has been since resolved. 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I called about the same issue.  I was told that "This is a pre order and it will be fulfilled on Jan 31st".  I was also told "Our service partner FedEx has not marked this as delivered in our system".   So far, I have not been able to get mine activated, it seems the talking point is push everything to the 31st and deal with it then.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Same issue. I was told that Samsung has not activated the phones yet. Not sure I buy it. I agree, I think it will be 31st or after

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@freddy6666666 Any news with the order yet? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

5 Messages

5 months ago

So yeah I was able to get ahold of a corporate executive solutions rep, and this was there response,

"Hello Jeremiah,

Thank you for contacting our executive office with your questions and concerns.

We value your business and would like to thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns.

Upon review of your account, we identified that the sales pre-order # XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra is still in fulfillment.  The official launch date is 1-31-24, once the release date is complete fulfillment will send you confirmation with the tracking number for estimated delivery date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

If you have any additional concerns surrounding this order, please feel free to reply to this email and we will be happy to address them.

Kindest Regards

LaToya D.

Xfinity Mobile Executive Resolutions"

So seems like they shipped earlier than expected and are delaying anyone from activating until the 31st, which to me is just sort of dumb as every other carrier is activating them currently with no issues, even Verizon. 

2 Messages

5 months ago

The phones activate fine.  My dad got his phone the same day and it is up and running, no issue activating at all.  So, it is some other issue.

5 Messages

@user_do4jzv​ Could be, I also noticed that they are using a 3rd party shipper for these pre-orders called CDTI, which could be the issue for the delay of the orders processing. CDTI is a 3rd party Samsung service center and not an Xfinity mobile warehouse. So could be shipping info delayed between parties. In prior preorders, they came from Xfinity Mobile warehouses and not via 3rd party.  

5 Messages

5 months ago

After further investigation, and talking to a contact at Samsung, seems Xfinity Mobile is the only carrier on a pre-order lockout. They don't have access to the IMEI database for the S24 line until the 31st, you can sim swap, but will run into issues with calling, texting, and VM, though data seems to be working using the apn. Reason why folks are having issues with activating the unlocked S24s as well on Xfinity Mobile. XM needs to advise its customers of this, as I have seen on multiple discussions a lot of folks are jumping ship to other carriers now. 

1 Message

5 months ago

Activating had been on for more than 30 minutes. It is taking too long to activate. Does the Galaxy S24 Ultra take long to activate? Can anyone tell me what the problem is, please?

Official Employee

• 

431 Messages

@user_k4xv1i  If it does not activate, be sure to reach the Xfinity Mobile experts by phone or live chat. They'll make sure it is operating asap. Call or text 1 (888) 936-4968 to reach our secure Mobile team. You can also chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile, where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here