not_too_shabby's profile

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 3:27 PM

Closed

Received an email that trade-in was accepted but no credits applied

I received an email on 10/2/2023 that my trade-in was accepted for $700.  No trade-in credit has been applied.  I also trade in 2 other phones shortly after, and those phones were accepted and credit is applied already.  When I chat with xfinity, they tell me to wait 30 days, which I did.  Then they tell me to call assurant, which is impossible because the number they gave me is for the mobile protection plan, and I cannot get through to a person because I do not have a phone number that is part of their plan.   Then I chat with xfinity again and they tell me to wait 2-3 billing cycles, even though the credits applied immediately on my other two lines once I received the email that my trade-in was accepted.   

Basically a perfect iPhone 13 trade-in was accepted, email stating I'll get $700 in credits received, but no credits applied.    Has anyone found a way to get this resolved?

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

11 months ago

I spent an hour and a half at the xfinity store on Thursday.  The issue is that somehow during activation, both IMEIs were activated on the phone and so the device shows up at BYOD.  Because of that, there are no payments showing and so no credits are being posted.   The lady in the store was on the phone with tier 3 customer support for an hour.  Supposedly it's going to be resolved in 7-10 days, but I'm not holding my breath.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@not_too_shabby

As a customer myself I would no be happy if my credit was not applied, I am glad you found out what caused the issue,  I confident our xfinity mobile team will get this resolved for you. You can reach our mobile team calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

11 months ago

I still need help with this issue.  I spent 1.5 hours in the store, and a case was submitted to Tier2 tech support, but the issue is still not resolved.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@not_too_shabby We are sad to hear about your experience. This has to get addressed directly by our Xfinity Mobile Team. Please reach out to them through one of the methods my teammate provided above. Thank you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

11 months ago

I have tried reaching out.  I spent 1.5 hours in the store.  I have texted, I have chatted.  I just get the run around.   

This was the result of my last chat...."I have checked your account and I can see the device was successfully activated on Oct 14, 2023, and your billing cycle is Oct 18 - Nov 17. Bill credits will start within 30 days after Assurant has received and graded the trade-in. Service charges incurred on the current cycle cannot be disputed until the billing review period begins on Nov 18, 2023."  

So not it's November 20th and the credits weren't applied, so I am chatting with them again.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

Still no progress....I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

3 Messages

Same situation here. Has there been a resolution?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here