U

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 10:13 PM

Purported Comcast Agent asked me for SSN and Credit card info via text

after trying to reach comcast for my mom via phone and get an agent, i got a text from them asking me to rate them.  i was upset so i gave them a poor rating.  within a few mins, i got a text asking if they could help resolve my problem - of course they said they were from comcast.

i asked them to confirm some billing info (the $ amount) and they got the answer correct - they told me what my bill was.  then, the agent said they could save me money and the deal included getting a free mobile.  eventually, when they went to confirm with me they asked me for my mom's social and birth date.  this came up via an "iguard" link.  this struck me as weird.  i asked the agent and they said it was required as a phone registration was involved....so, i reluctantly input this info.  then, agent asked for credit card info - i hit the roof!  

i eventually got through to comcast abuse number (1.888.565.4329) and am on hold as i write this description.

i will update this thread later after speaking with comcast abuse fraud dept

Official Employee

• 

622 Messages

6 months ago

@user_75qs2t Hello, I am sorry to hear about your experience! Please let us know if you were not able to get in contact with your CSA team to get this issue resolved! 

1 Message

5 months ago

Update? Or still on hold?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here