U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 13th, 2023 6:47 PM

Closed

Porting my number from Mint Mobile

Having issues dealing with porting my number over FROM Mint mobile. Live chat says its a porting issue and Mint mobile needs to release my number, but I chatted with Mint and they said that they don't block numbers.

I've had multiple "successful" activation attempts by Xfinity chat and still don't have service. I'm just trying to activate my physical SIM.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_0637e8 I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you have been having with porting your number to Xfinity mobile. Our team is unable to access Xfinity mobile details, but I will do everything I can to help out. I recently ported a number to Xfinity mobile as well, and it took about a week to process. My number was ported from google. Once I received the email from Xfinity stating that my number was ported/service activated I restarted my phone and things were working at least seemed to be. I found that I wasn't able to make phone calls. I enabled airplane mode and disabled it. That did the trick and all has been well since. I'm not sure if those steps can help us out with your porting trouble, but it may be worth a try. I know that 2 chat agents told you the number was ported. Have you received an email advising you that the port and activation have been completed? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ I never received the email that my service was activated in the first place. They all claimed to tell me that I would be receiving an email when activated but it never came through. I would then have numerous chats with agents for them to only tell me that there was a hold on my port request over and over. Then to wait 24 hours each time they "cleared" it.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I don't want to be connected with these Tier 1 agents who think they can handle my issue when it's clearly more troublesome than it is. I need a professional to help me with this activation. It's been 2 weeks now without service since the first attempt at a port. I am pretty much on the verge of just canceling the service and going somewhere else because I've just been told the same thing over and over again by these agents.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

I'm sorry to see this has been your experience with getting the service activated. Since our team has limited access to help with Xfinity Mobile services here, it would be best to reach out to their expert team directly for assistance by texting or calling 1-888-936-4968 or through chat here. Thank you for understanding!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

Check out this article:

https://tecody.com/mint-mobile-port-out/

Basically your phone must be unlocked and you need a PIN as it protects you from someone stealing your phone number. 

Good Luck!

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same issue, I think the workaround is to first port into T-Mobile and then retry porting into Xfinity.

The agent says he gets the error "MDN_NOT_PORTABLE" when trying to port a number from Mint Mobile to Xfinity.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here