U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 22nd, 2024 11:24 PM

Pixel Watch Incompatible But Listed as Compatible On Your Website

I recently switched services to Xfinity Mobile. I have a pixel phone and a pixel watch. On Xfinity's own website (https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-activate-apple-watch) they list the Pixel Watch as compatible, but now that I've switched to the service I'm being told it isn't compatible both in-store and with the tech support over the phone when trying to activate it. Why does your website list this watch as compatible when I'm being told the opposite AFTER I've already spent the money to switch?

Here are clear instructions for a Pixel Watch. Why am I being hit with a bait & switch?

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

6 months ago

@Mehfinity
Thank you for your post! The Pixel Watch is compatible with our service, but there are versions of it that are not. Have you tried using our compatibility checker (https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/byod/compatibility/imei?intcmp=ILC:ACQ:BAUP:ALL:GEN:XFM:COM:NA:dou:351595026)? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityTony
Thank you for the reply. The link provided says my device is incompatible. Which begs the question, why isn't this listed anywhere? Especially the activation help page I previously linked. Here it displays all the requirements needed to use a watch

I meet all the requirements, there is nothing there stating random pixel watches won't work or to check my IMEI. I used that site to base my decision on switching to Xfinity and now I'm stuck. This is now 100% a bait & switch. Furthermore I can't even get a new watch because I can't see the IMEI without purchasing the watch in the first place. How do I check for compatibility without rolling the dice on a $300+ purchase?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Thank you so much for sharing those details with us user_Meh890! That is certainly not the experience we want for our customers when making the switch to our services. We can certainly document the feedback regarding the eligibility of bringing the device and having to confirm if the device compatible with the services prior to attempting to activate the device. We will share with our teams regarding the experience on the site as we are always looking into ways to improve customers experiences. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I'm having the same issue.  They added the billing but now the watch will not activate.  I used the compatibility checker and it says it is compatible.  Now I have to wait on hold over an hour so I don't get billed for a watch I cannot activate.  Super frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_8pblj3 Welcome to our community forum! I definitely want to make sure you're able to get your watch activated so you can start using it! Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here