U

Friday, October 27th, 2023 6:25 PM

Closed

Phone stolen during shipping, xfinity refuses to resolve the issue

We placed an order at our local xfinity store for an iPhone 15 pro on Tuesday, October 10th. It was shipped immediately and estimated to arrive on October 11th, but when FedEx handed us the box, the box was empty. Noticing that the box was lighter than it should have been, we immediately told the delivery driver, who reported that the phone had been stolen, as did we. Xfinity started a claim, ultimately requiring us to secure a police report for a phone that was never in our possession. After almost daily stops at the local xfinity store for the last two weeks, we finally received an email this week saying that the shipping claim we filed had been accepted. It seemed as if we were nearing a resolution. However, the representatives at the store now tell us that we won't be able to get a new phone until the next billing cycle because that's when the stolen phone will drop off the account or something like that. Again, this is not a phone I ever had in my possession, but xfinity seems more intent on hiding behind vague policies than on figuring out how to live up to our original agreement. I'm very close to just moving all the lines on the account to another provider, but before I do, I wanted to see if anyone has had any success resolving an issue like this? If so, where should I go? Who should I call? How do I get in touch with someone who can make this right? All I want is the phones I ordered at the price I agreed to pay and not to have to think about this on a daily basis. Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

@user_w5yt59 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We would recommend contacting our Xfinity Mobile Team to check the status of the claim you filed. You can reach them by using either of these methods:

Phone - (888) 936-4968
Chat - https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

2 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​ Those are methods we've tried repeatedly, in addition to visiting our local store. Everyone always directs us to someone else until we start the cycle all over again.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_w5yt59 If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

INDEED!!!!!!  After doing a Google search on the same situation, I came across this page.  This has been so frustrating, and I have done everything that we are supposed to do, even though this wasn't our fault.  This is between FedEx and Xfinity, not me.  My daughter who is doing her internship right now, has a phone that shuts off throughout the day, she cries every day.  I have spent many hours on the phone with customer service, yesterday evening was the best, for an hour this lady broke down my phone bill on how much I pay for each line because I asked her for my balance which is over $900 because that phone that was NEVER in my possession, I am being charged for now, even though I received an email saying that I won't be but it is on my billing page so I believe that more than an email.  This has been over two weeks, and we still don't have a new phone let alone any resolution in sight.  However, let me make sure that I pay my bill on time, or they will turn off my service.  This is just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!  And the inconvenience this has cost me and my daughter is crazy, it is like a full-time job and still NOTHING. 

To recap on April 2nd, my daughter took off work because she had to be home to get the phone, security from FedEX (that is funny). When the phone arrived, nothing was in the box, she caught the FedEx driver and they took the box.  We had to make a police report, which I don't know why, since it wasn't stolen while we had possession of it, that is something FedEx should be doing, but okay let's go waste more of our time and make a police report.  And now crickets, nothing.  It would be okay if we didn't need this service or if we didn't pay for it.  Both of which is NOT true, we are that mercy of Xfinity.  O' and when you call and try to get the call escalated to a manager, so such thing so they put you on hold to make it seem like they are doing something, when we all know they don't know anything.  I might be reaching out to the BBB now, because this is ridiculous I am technically without a service that I pay for and being treated as if I am the criminal under investigation.  

1 Message

11 months ago

I experienced the same scenario today. Ordered two new phones on Friday, FedEx delivered two empty Apple IPhone 15 boxes today.  It was clear from the beginning that the shipping box had been opened and resealed and was much lighted than anticipated.  I’ve filed claim,  we’ll see if Xfinity resolved this quickly.  All this happened because I finally decided to give Xfinity mobile and switch my service from Verizon.

1 Message

I had the same thing happen on October 14th.  We are trying to resolve this but as the first person commented it is very difficult.  They are also billing me for the stolen phone and because I wasn't able to send in my trade in, it is being billed at full price!!! 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_saflpw - Thank you for leaving a comment with your shared concerns. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you've had in getting this resolved. To clarify, are you actively in touch with our Xfinity Mobile team? Don't forget that you can call or text them at 1-888-936-4968 as well as send them a message using our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if this helps. And feel free to start your own new public post if things remained unresolved. Our Digital Care Team has limited handling of Mobile accounts, but can get you in touch with the proper team when necessary :)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

10 months ago

Just ordered an iPhone 15 as a Christmas gift at the local Xfinity Mobile store. They said it could not be shipped to store and had to be shipped directly to my house. FedEx showed up on schedule 2 days later with the package, but nothing inside except for an unsealed EMPTY iPhone 15 box. It was stolen by an employee from the FedEx hub in Austell, GA. Absolutely <EDIT: Language>.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_87b317 I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you, especially before the holidays! Please ensure to reach out to the Xfinity Mobile Team to file a claim on this issue. You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:
• SMS Text Message: 888-936-4968
• Phone: 888-936-4968 
Direct Chat

3 Messages

6 months ago

Then they will post this:

Thank you for leaving a comment with your shared concerns. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you've had in getting this resolved. To clarify, are you actively in touch with our Xfinity Mobile team? Don't forget that you can call or text them at 1-888-936-4968 as well as send them a message using our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if this helps. And feel free to start your own new public post if things remained unresolved. Our Digital Care Team has limited handling of Mobile accounts, but can get you in touch with the proper team when necessary :)

I have called and called and went to the store and texted and NOTHING other than a $992 balance on MY account and two text messages that say things are being investigated but that was over a week ago.  If I didn't make a payment in over a week, my service would have been disconnected, I am sure. 

I don't understand what there is to investigate, the phone was never delivered.  You investigate the transactions between fedex and your company on your own time, not on my dime. [Edited: "All Caps"]

(edited)

3 Messages

6 months ago

Curious if anyone ever had their matter resolved or do I have to retain a lawyer.  I have been going around and around with customer service for over 17 days now.  Thanks for any insight, because obviously Xfinity doesn't know nor do they care. 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

I truly apologize that you have been having this poor experience, @user_cih28i! I would like to have this looked into further for you. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here