U

Sunday, December 3rd, 2023 7:07 PM

Closed

Number Porting Disaster and Lack of Customer Support or reasonable resolution

I am a 20+ Year Comcast/Xfinity cable/internet customer. My wife and I had an in-store appointment to look at our plan and move our cell phones over from at&t on 12/2/2023. The visit started out great as the salesperson Neel and a peer were extremely helpful in getting us on new cable and internet plan and started converting us from at&t mobility to Xfinity. My wife has some phone transfer hiccups which the team resolved easily although we were in the store for about three hours. My wife's phone ported from at&t within about 15 minutes. The real issue started with the porting of my phone. After we were in the store for about 3 hours total, they informed me that at&t had still not ported my number to Xfinity, but they called Xfinity porting, and they could see that it was supposed to happen by 6:30pm. The salesperson then told me that it would be after their closing time, but it would happen and give it until about 7:30. They gave me a customer support number to call if it did not happen. They also said I would receive an email with instructions on what to do once it ported. By the way, they also had a support ticket in because they could not get the right mobility offer to engage but that is a billing issue. I had concerns at that point but was assured it would happen and was told the store is also open Sunday from 12-5pm if it did not.

My wife and I left and went to dinner. I was back home around 8pm when I discovered that I had no internet as I had to activate my new gateway but had no way to do it as all authentication roads lead to my cell phone number and email which I cannot access due to not having connectivity. Once I got that resolved through customer support on my wife's phone, I realized I still had no cell service on my phone and had not received the porting instructions email. Customer support sent me to the mobility team.

After a total of 3 hours with them, I was told that the number did port from at&t but we are waiting on the Xfinity system to push the change. Although we tried a few things on the call that did not work to move this along, they said that there was nothing they could do and that I had to wait but my cell phone would be active the next day and was provided a ticket number (after I asked). I expressed my concern, but they said sorry you need to wait but provided no reasonable explanation as to why.

After hanging up with support, I was concerned and googled Xfinity porting issues and found this site. After reading some of the issues (horror stories really) with support on these matters, I became greatly concerned. This is all really background up to this point. Here is where it really gets bad. 

I woke up Sunday 12/3/23 and still had no cell service. I power cycle the phone etc. and nothing. I contact support through the Xfinity assistant in the app. We rehashed everything I went through the night before but in the end and after an hour plus the support person says they are escalating to the next tier and I will get a call from them on my wife's phone in 20-40 minutes. THIS NEVER HAPPENS.

I decided to go the Xfinity store and wait a few minutes for them to open. There is already a line at the door, but I get seen fairly quickly. I explain everything up to this point to the salesperson. The salesperson calls someone and is told we have to wait 24 hours from Ticket that was put in this morning!!!!! I ask what happened to my ticket from yesterday and was told they closed it! WITHOUT talking to the customer or anything. I said that we need to escalate this, and he tells me there is nothing they can do for me in the store. I tell him that while I appreciate his efforts and while I am trying to be reasonable…the company is not. They are telling me it on their side so at&t has done their part but giving me no explanation of the issue or a real time frame for resolution. I have previously worked in the industry and 24 hours is a standard response on any ticket and that is just to look at it. They already closed a ticket once without customer agreement and reset their own clock. I continued to explain that in another 24 hours, I will be working with no way to follow up chase this. I also explained that I am contact for my elderly father with dementia and all care givers, doctors etc. have this cell number as contact.  I asked to speak to his manager. The salesperson comes back and says my manager said I am sorry there is nothing we can do. We can talk about a credit once this is resolved. I explained that they are really leaving me hanging, that there is no issue identified or explained, and that if there has been any miscommunication on anyone's part then this is just sitting in a void. I also stated that I was not happy that the manager would not even come out to personally discuss the matter. He just stated at me and said there is nothing they can do in the store. 

So...Here I am with no working cell phone, no real idea what the issue is, no real idea when it will be resolved. Basically, being told don't call us we will call you but that won't happen for 24 hours and that has not happened the time that support said they would call. Let's not forget that my wife and I will be at different work locations M-F so how are they going to call me when I have no cell phone!  I guess I am writing this in hopes someone with some reason at Xfinity is monitoring these and help. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

10 months ago

Hello, user_cbg0fi Thanks for coming to our community for help with you mobile porting concerns. We value your business and appreciate your year of loyal service with us. Twenty plus years of service is amazing, and we are lucky to have you! I’m sorry to hear about your mobile porting concerns with your phone and the lack of callbacks.  Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. I am happy to access your account for more help to resolve your concerns for you! Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here