U

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 2:02 AM

New Xfinity mobile account tied to an existing, long term home internet account

I was speaking online with xfinity support about a data overage charge. They asked me if I wanted to accept a deal to lower the cost of my internet by roughly $20 which I was willing to entertain. The offer was lower my 1.2gbps internet to 1gbps and take on an unlimited cell phone play with a Motorola Moto G Play. Pay $11.36 on the spot and my bill would go from $90 not including the auto pay discount to $56 including the auto pay discount. I did not want or need a phone or phone line, cellular but to take that discount was fine with me. 200mbps is nothing when I didn't need it right now. So I accepted, paid, received my phone, tried to port the number but it didn't work and Xfinity really didn't try to let it work, they just wanted my phone on but that's irrelevant to my concern. So I was viewing my bill, waiting for the surprise to spring but nothing major accept I see I'm being charged $4.31/month for 24 months for the phone but above the pricing area for the phone it shows ($10.16) as in negative from the total like over the plan ($40.00) but it says my total is the $25 activation fee plus the monthly phone $4.31, So if I'm still paying for the device why didn't they offer me a chance to get a much much better device for a similar or slightly more expensive price? I tried to talk to someone today but it was all sell, sell, sell. I don't have this issue with the internet side but they've been trying to sell me a phone for months. I've had the device for 2 weeks and the service is hot garbage. I get download speeds around 20-25mbps and upload is like 10mbps max. I want to know if I'm paying for the device or is it being discounted to zero or negative due to the package and if I am paying why can't I just cancel under the 30 days, send it back, re-negotiate the deal, and actually get a Samsung Galaxy S23 for the same monthly price? It's literally double the phone for the same price after the available deal. Please someone let me know. I don't feel like spending 45 minutes trying to be sold another line that I don't need.

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

3 months ago

@user_oi8b8c  Thanks for the feedback and questions on your Xfinity Mobile service. We do have the Satisfaction Guarantee, and you can return a mobile device within 14 days to receive a full refund. That is great in case you decide to change your mind on the purchase. Check out the details here https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/xfinity-mobile-satisfaction-guarantee. You can also log in to your account here https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/xfinity-mobile-account-payments-statements, and see the charges for the phone, the service, and the payment details. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here