U

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 7:13 PM

New Phone Order Identity Verification

After spending an hour on the phone to set up a new mobile plan and two phone purchases I get that text asking me to send pics of my license.

WTF?!!!!!    WHY would they possibly need this?

Anyway, it gets better.

The link won't work on my phone. Apparently there are some camera permissions missing that they can't find. I've been on the phone with them for another hour at least going through my phone. All permissions are on. Everything they say to do is done.

Still no good.

Gets better still.

There is, apparently no plan B.

I can't email them pics, I can't do anything else except what they want which WILL NOT WORK.

Official Employee

• 

991 Messages

4 months ago

Hi there, @user_omdra6 I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get you taken care of. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?-Richard

1 Message

4 months ago

any solution here just got disconnected from a chat agent who was completely baffled

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_6bncqy Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We would recommend reaching out to our Xfinity Mobile team by phone if you have not already done so. Their contact phone number is (888) 936-4968. If you still need any assistance after speaking with them, please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here