U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 9:44 PM

never received an activation code for my new mobile phone, and now locked out

I tried to activate my new phone today, and when I was asked to enter the activation code...I had nothing to enter. No code was ever sent to me. I backed up and tried again, and got the same result. I selected to receive a code by email, and received a message that I had too many failed attempts. Now I have a new phone I can't use. 

I called support. They said there's no way then can unlock, and authenticate my phone. I was told we could "hope for the best" and see if someone could help me. After being on hold for over 20 minutes, I was told my best option was to go to the store. Hope for the best?

I asked to escalate it to someone who has access. Nope, no-one has access. I need to go to the store.

Most of the stores are closed Sunday. I asked what access someone in the store has that someone on the phone doesn't have. Clearly it's software. 

So I pedaled back. How is it I never received a code. Response, "It's known authentications don't always go." But, we can send you another after 24 hours. Me: How do we know I'll get a code this time. Support rep: We don't, but I'm pretty sure it will work.  That's we recommend you go to the store. I don't want to set false expectations." 

Xfinity is a communications company!! How is it there are no employees available that can help me, and my best outlook is to "Hope for the best?"

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @user_85984b. I appreciate you taking time out of your day, and I want to ensure you are provided the best support possible! Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here