ww8944's profile

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024 7:57 PM

Closed

need new phone after only three weeks

I bought a galaxy s23 at the xfinity store in Merrillville 3 weeks ago. Just two weeks later I noticed that the voicemail badge no longer showed the number of voice mails I had. The voice mail worked but the badge no longer displayed the number in red in the upper right hand corner. When I pressed the bage itself, I got a page describing visual voice mail, and when I pressed "continue" it sent me to the next page where it said I must contact Xfinity Mobile customer care for assisstance. After several calls and a visit to the Merrillville store this has not been solved. I was finally referred to Samsung, who sent me to "U break I fix" repair shop where they reset the phone and the problem still remains. I also have issues in Device care>diagnotics>phone disagnostics where it shows, after three tests that there is an issue with proximity recognition and volume buttons. The volume buttons see to work so far but the test shows there is an issue with them. I called Xfinity last night for the seventh time in as many days. The man I spoke to said they would escalate this, and because I have insurance, I should get a new phone.He was supposed to call back, and I am waiting. The problems seem minor, but I have spent enough on the phone I want it to have no issues whatsoever, especially at this early of a date. I boughtthe insurance on the phone. I have gone through all the steps asked of me. I need to egt the new phone. Please help. And send me an email, I have trouble each time I try to access these forums. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

9 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to our team here @ww8944. I will be happy to assist you with any service issue from here. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

So I recieved an email asking me to post an "accepeted" solution. As of now there is none! I got the report from Samsung and they say they found NO problem, if there is a problem with the voice mail, it is the third party's (Xfinity's ) problem. So when I go to the Xfinty store in Merrillville, they say it's Samsung's problem. And of course I went through the necessary steps and now I don't know what to do. I haven't gotten the phone back from Samsung. When I get it I take it back to Marrillville store to be set up again and put back together. Then I ask what do I do now?

Official Employee

• 

558 Messages

Our Xfinity Mobile Team was able to resolve this successfully. For anyone needing the same resolution, call or text 1 (888) 936-4968 to reach our secure Mobile team. You can also chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile, where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

9 months ago

So, over the past few days, I have called Xfinty at least ten times. keep getting different people saying different things. Was referred to samsung who referred me to U break I fix who did not fix the problems. Then I call Xfinity and talk to an agent who says he will call me at a certain time (never called) and set me up with Assurant to get me a new phone. Called yet AGAIN to Xfinity who got me in touch with Assurant who says they cannot replace phone because it is still under warranty. Refers me to Samsung (again) now I must send the phone in. Theywill send me a box in 3-5 days. Originally was supposed to email me an "electronic label" to put on the box, spent ten to fifteen minutes to try to explain how I put an electronic label on the box. Finally agreed to send me a box WITH the label already on it! This has been a nightmare. I can't add up all the hours I have spent on the phone talking to somebody, trying to get a hold of somebody, being sent to someone else. And it's not over yet. I knew I had to switch from a simple flip fone to a smartphone someday but this has been the proverbial nightmare.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

Got the report back from Samsung who tells me it is Xfinity's problem that there are problems with the voicemail. Yet several times I went into the Xfinty Merrillville store and they told me it was Samsung's fault. I haven't gotten the phone back yet, but I will take it back to Merrillville store to put it back together and set it ip and see if they will FINALLY fix the phone or give me a new one. I have gone through two weeks or more calling, going into Xfinyt store, calling Samsung, it looks like the only thing I have done wrong is buy a phone from the Xfinity Merrillville store. What the heck is going on?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here