K

Friday, September 20th, 2024 2:25 PM

Need a SIM card for my new phone

I ordered a new phone through xfinity and switched over my old phone number, only to be told I need to insert a SIM card that was supposed to be in a separate package that I have not received. Is there any way to see if the SIM card is on the way and possibly track it? I have found a phone number to call to order a new one but I don't want to do that if there is already one on the way, and I couldn't do that anyway because I cannot make the call without a SIM card.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

173 Messages

6 days ago

Your SIM should already be installed in the phone you received... did you check?

3 Messages

I did not check. It looks like there is one installed? The setup program previously did not want to complete because it said I needed the SIM card and the installation tool from the start-up guide (that I did not receive); it was saying emergency calls only, after I reinserted the tray with the SIM that message is gone, should I be all set up now?

3 Messages

Yeah, it looks like everything is working. Kinda embarrassing on my end but thank you very much for the heads up!

Contributor

• 

173 Messages

Hey don't be embarrassed it happens. :)  They used to include it in a separate card and you installed it yourself but that changed last year so you're not the only one who doesn't know. Glad you found it! 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 days ago

Greetings, @kaomera! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about your recent order. You have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here