U

Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 1:48 PM

My phone is SIM locked

This is [Edited: "Personal Information"] and I feel extremely annoyed by the way I have been treated by Xfinity mobile customer support. I have called multiple times to get my phones unlocked from this carrier just for a month as I am out of the country and need a new SIM card for my phone to work. I have called multiple times and have been told different things every time. Some say they will be unlocked in 24-48 hours, some say they are already unlocked, and some say they can’t be unlocked at all. When I purchased these phones I made sure that they would be able to be unlocked and was told that they would be so I’m confused why I am having trouble now. I want to speak to someone who will tell me the actual truth so I can figure out my next steps. I feel that I’ve been lied to and it has been an extreme inconvenience for me and my whole family. I just want to know if they can be unlocked or not and everyone that I have called has told me different answers. As I am calling the same company I should be getting a consistent answer every time. I apologize for my tone, but this is not something I want to worry about when I am already out of the country. Please someone help me out and tell me an answer so I can take measures. 
Thank you in advance. 

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

4 months ago

@user_leim57 As far as I could find, if you are making payments on the phone, or it's locked for another reason, they will not unlock it. Your option would be to add a Global Travel Pass to the phone. Info here; https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/global-travel-pass

Or you could get another unlocked phone to use while on travel. Perhaps a friend has an old phone you can borrow, or you could find something cheap online.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here