U

Wednesday, March 27th, 2024 3:58 AM

Moving number from one device to another

I tried to move a phone number from iPhone 14 Pro Max ( because the phone was damaged) to an older iPhone 12 Pro Max 12 on March 24.  I tried the online method and it failed.  

Then I called the support number and they said it was because the iPhone 14 Pro Max was not paid off.  But they said they can order another line to transfer the iPhone 14 Pro Max to and then switch to the original line to the iPhone 12 Pro Max.  That failed because they said there is a pending order to change number to a different sim from when I tried online.  They said the pending order will have to be cancelled in 24 hours before they can continue. The agent said they will call me at 3pm Mountain on the 25th.  This call took 1.5 hours and 3 separate agents.  I never received a call back.

Then I called again on today (26th) to transfer the number to my iPhone 12 Pro Max.  They said I had to order a physical nano sim because the iPhone 12 Pro Max could not support eSIM, which doesn't make sense because it does.  They said after I get the nano sim I need to put it in the iPhone 12 Pro Max to activate the new number.  Then I have to call back and swap the numbers so they can disable the new number with the iPhone 14 Pro Max and put the original number on the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

They sent me the approval to order the nano sim which I approved.  Afterwards, I looked at my account and it said I ordered a Samsung phone, which I didn't!  I just wanted a nano SIM card.  Then I called back and they connected me to the fraud department.  It was not fraud.  The fraud department said they could not cancel the device order and I have to wait to receive it and then call back to get an RMS to return it and then I would be reimbursed some weeks after.  I asked if there would be a restocking fee and they said it would be waived.

A simple transfer of a phone number from one device to another device has taken me over 2.5 hours on the phone, resulted in a phone order which I didn't want and then a return process that is extremely cumbersome.  I have talked to about 6 different agents through transfers that that didn't have the history of previous conversation and I had to explain everything again.  Now through this text I'm explaining it once more.

Your agents are not trained well.

I tried to call a complaint line at corporate and I get a generic voicemail to leave a message.  This is enough for me to look for a different carrier.  Wasted time, wasted money.

i ant someone to help me correct this but I keep getting directed to the same support time.

Please help!!

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, user_pqk97v! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forum! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into when trying to get your number switched to an old phone and the experience you had when calling in! We certainly would like to get to the bottom of this. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

754 Messages

3 months ago

@user_pqk97v thank you for sending the direct message, I'll follow up with you there to continue.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here