U

Monday, December 11th, 2023 3:56 PM

Closed

Mobile porting issue

I started activating my phones on December 6th. I tried to port my numbers from Mint Mobile. One of them successfully transferred within an hour. The second one is not there yet (now December 11th) I contacted the support service and each time I received an answer that the information was confirmed, the process was ongoing and would take 15 minutes... or 2 hours... or 1 hour or 24-72 hours. I have the number of my case created on Friday. How can I solve this problem?

4 Messages

7 months ago

I don't know what helped, but the phone is finally activated. It took 135 hours. I'm happy.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_l0837g Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are very sorry that the porting process took much longer than anticipated, but we are glad to see that it was completed, and you were able to finish the activation. If there is anything you need from us going forward, please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@user_l0837g​ I am trying to port my number from mint. Who do you select as the carrier since mint is not listed?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Our Digital Care Team can help, user_bocvrv. To port your phone number, you will need to place an order for Xfinity Voice service. This can be done online at xfinity.com/learn/home-phone-services. Upon beginning the enrollment process, you will be asked to either port in your current phone number or choose a new one.

Xfinity Mobile is available to Xfinity Internet customers. As a quick reminder; your phone number must remain active with your old service provider during the porting process. Once your phone number successfully ports to Xfinity Voice, your old service provider should automatically disconnect your line (unless otherwise stated in your service contract with that provider). After your port is complete, you can contact your previous provider to ensure that your voice service was disconnected. You can read more and check out the Xfinity Voice phone number porting FAQs here.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here