gackenhj's profile

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

Monday, January 15th, 2024 4:41 PM

M9bile lite phone call volume a whisper

I went to Samsung to ck my S23+ phone. My phone works perfectly when tested. Over the last few months the volume in phone calls, especially on 4g lite, keep decreasing down to a whisper. The volume button is at the max setting, internal volume settings are at a naximum,  speaker blares when on speaker phone, wi-fi calling is turned on. Samsung detects almost negligable 4g lite coverage in Indiana now, extremely weak signal.. Any suggestions? Of course, xfinity mobile blames it on the phone. We purchased  a Galaxy S23FE last weekend from Comcast for my husband, same issue on it. Any suggestions.

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

6 months ago

Hey, @gackenhj! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you have been having with your Xfinity Mobile service and the volume not being loud on calls. The only way to test if it's a coverage issue is between using the cell service vs the Wi-Fi calling. If you are using that Wi-Fi calling that will depend on how far away from the access point you are. Meaning that if you're in your home and you turn on Wi-Fi calling it's going to use your modem/router in your house for the service instead of the cell towers. I would suggest trying using Wi-Fi calling while being close to your modem and see if there is a change in the volume and let us know if anything has improved.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here