U

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 5:29 PM

Issue with smart watch Return from high dissatisfied customer

Hi Team, I've been using Xfinity Internet for almost 8 years and used Xfinity mobile service for 2 years. Did not have any issues until the below experience now.  

Recently when I talked with customer service about smart watches , I had been told about the deal that's going with xfinity for the free smart watch while adding extra line and I had also been told that the
smart watch can function standalone (can receive calls ) without a phone in the closer range .

Hence I placed the Order number: xxxxxxx  on 7 Mar 2024 on New Xfinity Mobile# . (xxx) xxx-xxxx through customer service  and paid $37.58 .

We weren't able to pair / activate the above smartwatch due to some fault on the order that was placed by the xfinity customer service .

And hence we went to the xfinity store and explained our situation.

The Xfinitiy store person checked the order and told us that the order was placed incorrectly and asked us to cancel the service and the watch .

Based on his advice we requested the cancellation for the watch and the service on 10 Mar 2024

And placed the new order from the store on 11 Mar 2024 with the Order number: xxxxxx on new Xfinity Mobile no (xxx) xxx-xxxx with the payment of $29.25 and we had been told that this watch should work standalone without the phone in range .

But after trying multiple ways with spending more than 40 hours and the multiple drives to the xfinity store and apple store , we got to know that the smart watch can't function standalone (can't receive calls when the iphone is not in range ) .

Now we had been forced to cancel the second order again and requested the cancellation on 17 Mar 2024 .

Due to the mistake on cancellation by the customer service , they weren't able to generate the shipping label for both the cancellation . We spent countless time with xfinity customer service and we had been told to return the
watches to the store as they were unable to generate the shipping label . We drove to the xfinity store and they said they cant accept the watch at store which was placed by the customer service

We again called up the customer service and explained this .And this time we had been told to return through fedex without the label. We drove to Fedex and they told us that this Fedex can't ship without the label.

Because of all these misguidance we need to unnecessarily drive to xfinity store and fedex store multiple times which really consumed lots of our time and energy and made us frustrated .

To handle the return for these  two smart watches , we spent countless time with the customer service and we didn't get any right guidance / support for more than 2-3 WEEKS .

We never experienced this level of customer service from anyone and did not expect this from xfinity .

Now after 2-3 weeks, we have been told that our expiry window for the watches are closed and we can't return the watch and asked to pay the watch full cost which will be 580$ and sell it on Ebay which is really the worst solution anybody can say .
Also we are being asked to pay service costs which were cancelled before 14 days of return period.  

We are clueless now on what to do and how to proceed at this moment and at the edge with high dissatisfaction.

1 Message

2 months ago

I am dealing with a similar issue. We have been trying for over a month to return a smart watch purchased through Xfinity. Every time the agent tells us they requested the return and we will receive an email with the shipping label within 24 hours, we never receive it. Always check Junk and Trash email and nothing. We have done this 7 times. One customer service person told us to take it to a store. I am very suspicious of this one since the store is 30 minutes away and my last encounter with them was terrible. Another customer service agent told me they submitted a work order to resolve this and I would hear back in 24 hours. We never heard back so I called again. This time the agent looked up the work order and said they have two weeks to resolve it and check back then. So at that point it will be almost 6 weeks since the purchase. So yesterday I got an email  from Xfinity saying we haven't received your device yet. OMG  So I called customer service and again they said they were going to prioritize the request and I would get the label withing 24 hours GUARANTEED. I told them this has been done several times and I never receive a shipping label. In the meantime, we are paying for two watches because we reordered another one as a replacement at the guidance of a customer service agent.  This is sooooooo frustrating!!!!  HELP!!! I have spent an unbelievable amount of time dealing with Xfinity on the phone and chat over this issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_5yx0hp Good morning, thank you for reaching out today! I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media. For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile and one of our experts will be happy to look into this for you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here