C

Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 9:16 PM

Closed

Is it legal that a customer is forced to add a line?

I recently lost my iPhone which I had a payment plan with Xfinity Mobile. I went to an Xfinity store and asked a representative to transfer my number associated with my lost iPhone to an old phone that I had in hand. The representative told me that she couldn't do so because I had a payment plan with Xfinity. I said I would keep paying my monthly balance I owe for the phone even though I couldn't use it anymore. She insisted that I add another line with the old phone and then she would swap the phone numbers between the iPhone I lost and the old phone I had in hand. I was reluctant to do so because I had to pay $25 activation fee for this new line that I would not even be able to use. However, I had no choice because I wanted my number back.

Does anyone know if Xfinity Mobile is in a legal position to force me adding a line in order to maintain the payment plan? If not and this is happening to many people like me, can I initiate a class action against Xfinity Mobile regarding this issue?

Thank you.

Problem Solver

• 

496 Messages

3 months ago

@CoffeeBond I would reach out to Xfinity Mobile support for assistance. Seems that they should be able to transfer your number from the phone you lost to the old phone. Assuming the old phone is compatible with the network. 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat:  https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, @CoffeeBond Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on this forum regarding your Xfinity Mobile concerns. Have you had a chance to contact our Xfinity Mobile team regarding your concerns?-Richard

2 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ Thanks. I've contacted the customer service and they have issued the credit for me.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

CoffeeBond, Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved. If you need anything else, you can create a new public post. I will mark this case as solved. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here