M

Friday, December 29th, 2023 6:08 PM

Closed

iPhone Trade-in Nightmare

Below is my timeline of events summarizing what it's like to do any sort of trade-in with xfinity mobile. In short I did everything I was supposed to do, didn't receive the credit, they told me I *might* someday receive the credit, then dropped all contact with me. If you take one lesson here it's this: if you have to stay with Xfinity Mobile, only ever work with a real person from the retail store and never accept conditional promotions. 

I mostly expect Comcast to take this post down or somehow mute it or whatever because they just want the problem (me) to go shut up and go away. Going to try and post it anyway. 

=================

SEP 21 2023 - Order iPhone 15 with trade-in of iPhone XR. Offer was to receive $600 in credits ($25/mo for 24 months). Receipt ID ********7880.

SEP 29 2023 - Receive and activate iPhone 15.

OCT 5 2023 - Send out iPhone XR via USPS/UPS (tracking number: ***********632).

OCT 10 2023 - iPhone received by Assurance according to tracking number.

NOV 11 2023 - I get an email informing me that my trade-in credit was canceled. I ask online support about it. They say not to worry, they have my phone and it's coming.

Agent (11/11/2023, 06:58:18 PM): "Yes! I checked it for you and the grading process is still showing pending but the trade-in is Qualified Daniel you don't have to worry about anything."

Daniel (11/11/2023, 07:00:55 PM): "What are the next steps? "

Agent (11/11/2023, 07:01:02 PM): "I am just wairing for the grading process updated from my advance team you don't have to worry about it as I have checked it for you the trade-in device is not canceled yet."

Daniel (11/11/2023, 07:02:43 PM): "Ok, do you know how much longer the next steps will be?"

Agent (11/11/2023, 07:06:04 PM): "Let me check this for you."

Agent (11/11/2023, 07:06:20 PM): "Just to keep you updated it is almost done just allow me last couple of minutes only."

Agent (11/11/2023, 07:08:56 PM): "As I can see the details are not updated on the account by the backend team. I want to inform you that the trade-in is a backend process and it take upto 5 to 7 days to complete. Your devices has been received on the warehouse, now the team will verify the device details and will cross check if it is the same device or not, then they will analyze the device's physical condition and will remark the same on the Grading sheet. After that, they will share the update with us and same will be updated on the account. Since it is the long process, it takes time to update the details. No need to worry, you'll get the promised credits to your account. The credits will start reflecting on your account from next billing."

NOV 21 2023 - I still don't hear anything so I go to my nearest Xfinity store to open a ticket. They actually can't because for some reason some regional services are down and they can't access their support tools. I'm told to come back the next day.

NOV 22 2023 - I go back to the Xfinity store. I show the tracking number showing that it was recieved along with any other relevant screenshots and even photos of the iPhone XR as showing that it was in the box in good condition. A case is opened up for me, ECM***88.

NOV 23 2023 - I get an automated text saying that my case is being looked at. This is the last automated text I get until Dec 26th when I open a new case.

DEC 11 2023 - I again go through the online support at Xfinity Mobile. I ask for a status on my case. They say it is still being worked on and for being patient I would be granted an additional one-time courtest credit of $25. This credit never happened.

Agent (12/11/2023, 08:47:27 PM): "Daniel, I would like to inform you that all the details have been updated and the ticket is not closed yet, however, as you're a valuable customer with us I'm crediting $25 to your account as a one-time promotional credit on your account for the device which you have traded and mentioning the same in the notations on your account so that the ticket can be closed as soon as possible with the resolution.

DEC 14 2023 - I search online and there is someone who is having the exact same issue as me, a trade-in that credit that we're being cheated out of. I post a public comment sharing my experience.

‎Iphone 15 pro - trade in program. Did you have any success? | Xfinity Community Forum

DEC 16 2023 - Xfinity Support replies to my comment that I should send a private message.

DEC 23 2023 - I send a private message asking for a status update on my case and I'm told that I'm potentially violating forum policy by sending an unsolicited DM even though I was invited to send one.

DEC 26 2023 – Someone else responds to my DM after I point out that I had received an invite and they create another case for me. I receive a text message and missed phone call, presumably from Xfinity looking for resolution. From the text thread, I select to use email only instead of a phone call (for the paper trail). I get a text saying I won’t get any more notifications. I log in to my Xfinity account because of a different discrepancy on my home internet. I see this. It looks like the dispute I have on my Xfinity Mobile is for some reason being applied to my home internet account.

DEC 28 2023 – Xfinity calls me at 8am and leaves a voicemail asking me to call back. I specifically requested to either be called in the afternoon or to be reached through email. I call back around noon asking to be contacted at 2pm local time. I hear nothing.

DEC 29 2023 – I get a more detailed voicemail that says that I should be eligible for a credit, but I won’t get one unless and until Comcast resolves the support ticket that they have with Assurant and that they are going to close the case because the times they tried to call me at 8am I wasn't available and they couldn't call me back after I had called them. I find that to be completely unacceptable, as there is no resolution. The case should not be closed until the Assurant case is closed and the credit is applied. My assumption is that comcast employees are penalized for having cases open for too long and this is their way of meeting some arbitrary metric. So much for being a valued customer, Comcast. 

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here