U

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 3:15 AM

Closed

iPhone Activation with Xfinity Mobile

My iPhone that I had with Verizon recently quit. It no longer works. It became a brick.

Since my internet is with Xfinity, I bought a new iPhone through Xfinity, and tried to bring my phone number over from Verizon. This turned out to be a big mistake. 

I have been waiting three days for the phone to become activated with no end in sight. I am taking a group of students on a trip to Texas to compete in a robotics tournament, and I only have a borrowed flip phone to work with. This has been a disaster. 

Xfinity's website tells me that I should not call to check on the status of my activation, and that they will send me an email if their is an issue or I am ready to go. I have received no emails. 

I didn't follow directions. I called. I ended up talking to two people for about a half hour with no resolution. I was very nice, but somehow the connection got broken, and I am left with an un-activated iPhone in a different state with a group of students, a robot and no smart phone to navigate this unfamiliar environment. 

When I get home I am going to the nearest Xfinity store, turn in my phone and internet modem, and take my business elsewhere. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

Oh, no! @user_qnjr9p We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like for us to check on this for you, please send us a Direct Message with your name and address. Congrats on the robotics tournament. We look forward to your message.

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here