com-forum-apple's profile

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

Monday, July 22nd, 2024 3:23 AM

iPhone 6 is going to be unsupported - switch number to existing iPhone SE 2nd generation?

My 96 year old father recently passed away, and support for my iPhone 6 via Xfinity Mobile is likewise scheduled to pass away in September.

I now have my father's iPhone SE 2nd generation (that I got him to buy because he too was all Comcast and could get Xfinity Mobile) and am wondering if I can bring his phone number onto our plan, but swap phone numbers between my 6 and his SE so in September my cell phone number doesn't die.

(With the phones switched I'd have time to get my stuff off my iPhone 6 and onto the SE. (His stuff is minimal, so not much to save...)

Has anyone done similar before?

thx

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

com-forum-apple That is a great question thank you for asking. You can of course swap the type of device you are using on your Xfinity mobile number. This would be one option covered by our bring your own device program. You can check out the steps you would need to take to ensure the device will work with us here

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

Want to just follow up that I went into the Santa Cruz Xfinity location, and "Harrison" confirmed what I had found, which was that about all that is on the SIM card is the phone number, so we switched SIM cards between the two phones. Well, actually, though the Dad cell number that would switch to my old phone could have been done, there was no need. The number isn't needed anymore, so my older iPhone 6 Plus is now just an "iTouch" pretty much.

thx

Official Employee

• 

828 Messages

com-forum-apple We appreciate that update as well as getting assistance at the Xfinity store. We are here if you need any further assistance. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here