U

Monday, January 29th, 2024 7:51 PM

Closed

Iphone 15 Stolen in transit. Xfinity rejected my claim even with police report and pictures.

I ordered an IPhone 15 and new line with Xfinity on January 8th. I already have 5 other lines with Xfinity and have been satisfied with their service. When the box arrived it was taped and looked normal so I signed for it. I took it upstairs and opened the box and found someone between Xfinity and my house had had stolen the phone only from the inner apple box and taped everything back so I wouldn't notice. I called Xfinity within 5 minutes of receiving the package. They told me they would open a case and I needed to take pictures and open a police report. I did both that day. After a few days, with no explanation, they closed my case. I called again and opened a 2nd case and then also took the box and the police report to an Xfinity store to have them add the info to my case. Xfinity also emailed me so I also send them a digital copy of pictures of the retaped box and the police report. They sent me a text informing me they were working on it and that there was no need to contact them. Today I received a text telling me the case was closed and an email that I'm posting here rejecting my claim without explaining why or how I might appeal this decision. I sent customer service everything they asked for and did it immediately. I'm very disappointed with this level of service. Xfinity has been giving me the runaround for 3 weeks now and I'm seriously considering finding a new cell phone provider as I'm now paying hundreds of dollars for a phone I never received. 

Any leads on where I can go next?

Your claim request for the following shipment has been denied:  

Claim Reason: Missing Contents
XM Case: [Edited: "Personal Information"]
Ship Date: 2024-01-08
Order ID: [Edited: "Personal Information"]

If you are enrolled in the Xfinity Mobile Protection Plan (XMPP), you may contact Assurant to request a replacement device at https://fastclaim.com/xfinitymobile or by calling (855) 884-9771.

Thank you for choosing Xfinity Mobile.
Xfinity Mobile
1701 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
www.xfinitymobile.com

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

8 months ago

user_m7xoxp Thank you so much for posting about your concern with your phone being stolen. We definately want to have this matter addressed. Have you been back in contact with our Mobile team since you posted this at any of these methods: 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile?

2 Messages

6 months ago

I've has the same issue and Xfinity has been handling it poorly. My phone also was stolen somewhere between shipping. We were delivered a box that appeared to be retaped and packaged. Phone box inside of the delivery box seemed to have a thin slice on the bottom with the phone being slid out. Within 5 minutes of noticing, the FedEx driver had run back to his truck and took off. We called FedEx right away to make a complaint and Xfinity right away to make a complaint. We also were told they opened a case regarding our stolen phone and we needed to file a police report which we did right away the same day. Police officer who dealt with our complaint said this has been happening quite often and not much seems to be done on the end of the phone companies nor shipment companies.  

We have been also getting the runaround with nothing being done by xfinity, but instead they keep closing out our case even though we are submitting everything asked of us. They keep opening claim after claim. I'm paying on a phone I never received and have a deadline for my trade in that I can't meet because I need my old phone. I'm not understanding the point of us customers being directed to report a theft in a legal manner, but the company neglects to act in a legit manner nor seems to be getting a handle on making sure issues like these stop happening to us customers. If phones are being stolen, they should be flagged right away and not allowed to be used by anyone! Still a waiting game. I'm also on the verge of taking all my services elsewhere. Trying to give Xfinity the benefit of the doubt. Just a matter of time before tons of legal actions start being taken against the companies. This should not be happening to any of its customers. We are extremely aggrevated with the situation and how we're being put through the ringer for someone else's illegal acts. Inside job happening amongst Xfinity employees and the shipping companies....probably!

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@user_et1ka6 Thank you for letting us know what happened with your phone. I would like to learn more and work with you to get a resolution for you. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your name and address.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

6 months ago

Same thing happened to me. They will just keep lying about the claim until their arbitrary deadline passes and they can say you didn’t report it correctly. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

2 Messages

First, I want to say I'm sorry. It keeps continuing which is terrible.  

That is a great suggestion! I just might do that.

Hope all works out for each of us. 

5 Messages

@user_et1ka6​ Wanted to update you that my situation was just resolved by the method I mentioned in my original comment. Xfinity staff has marked all my posts and comment about it as "private" (I can't change it) so I'm sure they'll do it again if I repeat what I did.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here