milehighsr's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 1:48 PM

Closed

iPhone 13 locked and in SOS have downloaded eSIM next step? Suggestions? I have been scouring the web all night. No tutorial

What a disaster! sorry folks this might be a rant!

• I call Xfinity Mobile (after literally brawling with the so-called AI assistant for 40 min.) My initial reason is that I just found out the power company is shutting me down for 10 hours today and I'm desperate to connect to a hotspot, which never works anymore

• Finally get the other voice bot know-it-all to get to a human.  Human suggests that I need to upgrade my eSIM to eSIM and all will be well with the world.

• Human sends me a pop-up through the phone and he says he will call me back in 15 min. No callback.

• While I'm on hold I take note of a recorded voice saying I could just upgrade it on my own through the step-by-step instructions on the community forums, though human said bad idea. I have the option to "add eSIM",  but I also know that I need to remove th physical SIM card at some point. No clue as to what step that is. ideas?

• Why are so many of us LOCKED and in SOS MODE with no helpful instructions anywhere?

• What is even more frustrating that even though (for now til I lose power) I have full wifi but for the life of me CANNOT MAKE A WIFI CALL. Check the apple forums. Oh it's a issue. Anyone know how to do this? I really need a phone today. Grrrrr.

Super sorry to be so negative - if you made it this far thanks for that.

😬😤

• 

iOS 17.4.1

iPhone 13

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 months ago

Thank you for reaching out @milehighsr Were you able to get your phone set up with the eSIM? The link: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/mobile-service/esim will check compatibility. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here