U

Monday, October 16th, 2023 5:02 PM

Closed

I'm being charged for a phone I proved that I returned. Call center will not help me, management at store cant help either.

6/14/23 received defective phone, went into store and was told to turn it off and back on again. Tried for a few days but issue kept happening with phone screen blinking in and out. 

Spoke with xfinity and was told they would be sending new replacement phone and we will send back defective after new one arrives.

Early July received replacement phone.

7/11/23 sent defective phone back thru fedex tracking # [Edited: "Personal Information"]

7/13/23 Delivered and signed for by [Edited: "Personal Information"]

7/17/23 email from xfinity stating they received device and return should be completed within 10 days

7/31/23 service suspended due to non payment $2,298.01(for phone)

Opened case thru chat, gave tracking number and they reinstated service and assured me the case should be resolved shortly 

8/2/23 Email stating xfinity has not received device and im past the return window

8/5/23 xfinity tried to charge my bank acct $2298.01 (for phone that i returned) payment failed

8/7/23 have been trying to pay monthly bill online and payment fails. called xfinity to make payment xfinity let me know that full amount would have to be paid (regular monthly bill of aprx 230 plus phone charge 2298) i explained again that i have returned this phone and gave them tracking info again. Agent i spoke with could not remove the 2298.01 from my account but gave me an extension to pay my bill until sept 1st assured me that my service would not be interrupted because i have extension and case should be resolved by then. 

9/1/23 email from xfinity stating that i set up a payment plan on aug 7th for repayment of $2298.01 for the phone. I NEVER SET UP A REPAYMENT PLAN AND HAVE NEVER AGREED TO PAY THIS. that day was a conversation over phone complaining of this charge and agent gave me extension. 

9/1/23 pending payment for regular phone bill (thats good) but acct still shows i have an unpaid balance for phone AND past due for month prior.

9/6/23 fraud alert from my bank, xfinity tried to charge my acct $2298.01 AGAIN my bank acct is now locked and i have to get new cards 

9/6/23 chat with agent again asking to have this $2298.01 taken off my account, chat agent says they have removed the charge and my acct will reflect this within 30 minutes (11am) 

9/6/23 1130 am acct still shows $2298.01 charge will check again after lunch

9/6/23 charges still on acct after lunch chat with agent and they confirmed charges are invalid  are being removed but it actually takes 12 - 14 hours. Will check back again tomorrow

9/7/23 18 hours later and acct still shows past due balance of $2298.01 spoke with agent they see notes that phone had major damage. Rep told me when they inspect a phone they make notes and take photos of the damage. She is requesting the photos because this phone was brand new in perfect condition just defective blinking screen. Gave me 

Escalation case# [Edited: "Personal Information"] agent states that hopefully by 9/12 we should have update

9/12 945am chat with xfinity asking for resolution to case they show resolution should be finished by today 420 pm will check back tomorrow.

9/13/23 chatting with agent to get update on open case, should have resolution by now. Chat agent  “Aparna” states “As I am looking here on the status of the Ticket [Edited: "Personal Information"], our Shipping team is still working on it and you will receive the confirmation call or email by the evening.”  

Confirmed that i will have resolution by this evening and i was once again told to be rest assured 

Will check again tomorrow.

9/19/23 945am chat with agent gave them case number and all the info AGAIN. after 2.5 hours agent said they would open a case for me. I told them what happened to the case i already opened?? They asked me for the case number. What have they been looking into for 2.5 hours if you weren't looking into this case??? They said As I can see the case is still being looked into. I would request you to please wait for 24 hours. I have updated the notes and you'll receive an email regarding this.

9/21/23Today I have no working data. Calls and text ok. Checked acct and it's been suspended due to non payment. Called xfinity to speak with representative she is checking to make sure device was received  and if the returns dept is done grading the device. Put on hold.

She wants to submit a ticket and wants me to wait for a resolution, agent mentioned damage could have been during transit. Agent is opening a ticket and assures me that this one will be pushed thru.

Does that mean my first case was never being investigated?

Agent asking if we received device? They are showing that they sent it back to us because it was damaged? This is the first time I've heard any info about the phone being sent back to us.

Agent let me know she is speaking with someone from advanced team now.

10 more days to get an update. Agent states that i Can go to store for questions about return process, also suggests I go to nearest store for update. (I don't think store will have any info about this issue) I'm being told when this is done I can ask for refund or credit they just need to further investigate.  She told me multiple times to go to nearest store for updates and help with this issue. I told her I don't believe a local store is going to be able to do anything to help me since this issue seems to be at the returns dept. I have a lot of questions now. How did returns dept recieve the phone in july then in august they say they havent recieved it, then in september they say it was severely damaged? clearly something happened on their end. 

Asked agent on phone when was it allegedly returned to us? agent says july13. that's impossible because that's when it was received at returns dept. Asked if they have tracking number for when it allegedly came back to us, she says No they don't have a tracking number. This is odd because when they originally sent me new phones they had to be signed for, why are they just throwing phones in the mail with no tracking number and no email to tell me its coming back to me? I don't believe they ever sent it back i believe they lost it.

agent is  telling me to ask fed ex about what happened to phone. (how without a tracking #?)

agent gave me case# ticket# [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Before we hang up asked about getting my service reinstated she says its because I owe past due balance. I  agreed I would like to pay my bill but in the past they wouldn't take my monthly bill payment because acct shows I owe the 2k for phone, she says she CAN take a payment now. Put on hold. I'm now being told even if I pay my past due I cannot get my service reinstated!   I'm being told that's because there is an open case. The only way to have my service reinstated is to agree to a repayment plan for the phone. I declined this option and hung up. 

9/25 received email stating that original ticket was resolved and closed [Edited: "Personal Information"]. Still waiting on resolution to most current ticket. Went into xfinity store in rancho looking for help with what to do next and just as I expected there was nothing the employees at the store could do to help me.  they told me to go to corporate store and speak with a manager. Will do that later this week. 

10/14/23 went into the corporate store and asked to speak to manager. Told her the whole story and she tried her best to get some answers for us but really just got the same run around that we've been getting. She was told the returns dept doesnt send phones back to customers, then was told a few minutes later that they do send phones back to customers. she also confirmed it is their policy to take pictures of damaged devices, when she asked for the photos she was told they cant be found. Tried to pay my phone bill with her and it still won't go thru (it's at about 600 now) 4 hours in store in person and we accomplished nothing still can't pay bill and still can't have charges removed. Manager did give us suggestions on how to reset network (because my phone is suspended and data not working)  and she also gave us transfer PIN when we told her we were just going to have to leave xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

@user_zkkg1u Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are very sorry that you're not having a good experience with us. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? We'll do our best to assist you in getting this resolved. Here are some instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to hearing from you.

1 Message

1 year ago

This is happening to me as well. Bought two brand new iPhones and had them shipped to me. Then decided we would just keep our old phones. Sent back the new phones still sealed in the box from Apple and xfinity says they are damaged now I’ve been trying to get it fixed for weeks. Got half of it refunded but still having trouble to get the rest refunded for some reason. Crazy that xfinity can say phones are broken when you return them to them still brand new in the box not even opened. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey @user_xb3kcc. I would be happy to put in a ticket for you for the refund concern. I appologize you have had a problem up to this point with the phone refunds, and certainly not something we want for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

11 months ago

Hi there My Name is Deepak and I have a very similar problem. 

I took the brand new connection with Xfinity mobile and took an Iphone 15 pro by trading in my Iphone 13 pro for which I am suppose to get $830 in return. 

I have send the phone the very next day i recieved the new phone from Xfinity. However Xfinity is charging me for the new phone as if I have not returned my phone. 

After a very hard time with the very frustatin chatbot and with no human to speak I have send more than one hour chatting with different people one after the other and finally one person told that they can see the phone has been recieved and will fix the bill and send me again with the corrected bill. 

This happend 3 weeks back and today I see I am being charged again for the full price as if I have not send the phone back. 

very frustrating experience and zero accountability. Will not recommend to any one to go with xfinity if you wish to trade in your phone with them. 

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_98cl44 So sorry to hear that you're having this issue again. Can you direct message us your full name and address for us to get started? 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here