queenjava's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 15th, 2024 9:45 PM

Closed

Holiday Promotions

1st please do not tell me to call. Been there, done that, multiple times.

2nd please to not try to get me to use the chat. I have been trying for days and the "assistant" says they will connect me to a live agent. That is where it ends every.single.time. The chat stays open for hours (4 times total now) and no one ever comes to chat.

I have to say I am very upset with the employees that work there. Over the holidays I tried to buy 2 phones with new lines to go along with the current phone/line I have (I have three businesses, so wanted seperate services/phones). I wanted a Galaxy S23 Ultra and a Galaxy A54.

How many was I able to buy? None. 

There were great promotions on both phones and also good promotion with the service lines and there were the $100 gift cards (but I think those were after Christmas? Maybe? not sure).

Before Christmas I could not get anything to work on the website, so I called into mobile support. The first person I spoke with could not get the pricing correct either, I asked if there was any reason I could not get any of the deals and he said no, it should work, he suggested I go into the local store here.

Well, a few days later I decided to try on the phone again. That agent actually took a decent amount of time trying to get something to work, but she also said she could not understand why it was not working, no promotion would work on either phone/line. So she also said to go into the local store.

At this point now it is after Christmas, the promotion was reduced a little bit, but I still really wanted to get the phones even if I could not save as much money.

So I finally got into the store and as usual they were packed, but I told the two people at the counter what happened and they said that yes, the people here would be able to help with that so I decided  I would wait since I was number 7 in line and I already had a bunch of time in between the website and the two calls to support.

But after a half hour no one that was in line in front of me was called up, so I knew it was going to take a long time, so I went back to those two people at the front desk and asked for an appointment and I joked that it shouldn't be so hard to add new phones and new service to my account. So I was scheduled to come back to the store that weekend.

I come to back to the store and I have never had an appointment be done so fast, I was in there literally less then 2 minutes. I got called up to a woman and told her a very short version, that I wanted the phones and new lines and she pulled up my account and said, "those promotions are only for new customers". I think my jaw dropped through the floor.

So I said, I need two more phones, do I have to go to a different company to get a sale on them. Her response verbatiam "yes you do, I am sorry."

So I had to:
Have issues on the website
Called Mobile Customer Support
Called Mobile Customer Support again
Go to the local store, talk to them and wait
Go back to the store again to find out, tough, these promotions are not for you.

Are you kidding me? This is a horrible way to treat your current customers. The amount of time I have literally wasted trying to BUY stuff is mind blowing.

Jamey

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

6 months ago

Thank you for your detailed feedback and for choosing Xfinity, @queenjava. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to improve our products, services, and overall customer experience. I'm sorry to learn it took that many attempts to purchase only to learn it was an offer exclusive for new customers, and perhaps other conditions. This is not the experience we want for anyone, and, it's important to us that you're able to order phones and services online without issue. What was the error you received when shopping online? Did you review the Pricing & Other info section of the promotion for Disclaimer and Restriction information for that promo? Our Digital Care Team is also happy to help with any questions you may have about Xfinity Mobile offers

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Interesting you thanked me for choosing Xfinity. I did choose Xfinity and ended up with nothing I needed. So I am forced to look elsewhere.

I don't remember the errors on the website, it was a month ago, but that is a mute point considering how many Xfinity employees I talked to that thought the promotions should have applied to me. Total of 4 people I spoke with thought the promotions should apply, so don't try to put this on me for maybe not reading all the restrictions in fine print on the website, shame on you. The 4 employees I spoke with should have had a clue. Yes, 4. One person on the first call. One person on the 2nd call and the two people at the counter when I went into the store the first time that I spoke with.

What this boils down to is I am in the process of looking at other companies to provide me a promotion to get these two additional phones and phone lines. Which when I do get the phones and lines elsewhere, I will transfer my current line at Xfinity to what ever company that is. I guess needing to be a "new" customer will get me what I need at a different company. I will not pay 2 phone bills at separate companies, I will pay one bill at the company that gives a rip about me as a customer.

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

We understand your frustration and were just trying to get a better idea of what was going on with the website at the time you were trying to make the purchases. We will make sure to pass this feedback along to the proper channels for future enhancements to the Xfinity Mobile experience. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here