R

Monday, August 5th, 2024 8:36 PM

Goodwill deletion help

Hello, I spoke with two different customer service reps on two separate occasions on getting a goodwill deletion for my collection. I am not longer a customer due to moving to an area where there is no service. After moving though, I experience a substantial decline in financial health and wasn't able to resolve my issue until recently. I spoke with these two reps before paying the final bill, and was assured I'd receive a letter the day after I paid off the debt. I haven't received the deletion letter yet, and it has been difficult to get any help since I'm not longer a customer. I really need to get this taken care of, in order to prevent this from happening again, but I'm not sure what to do now.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hey @Redingermi, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity account and billing. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Do you happen to know when you made the last payment towards the charged off / past due balance? Was this payment made directly with Comcast/Xfinity? Depending on the date of payment, payments can take 24-72 business hours to clear processing. Once payment has cleared, the collection agency records will update within five business days. The charge-off on the credit report will be updated as Paid in Full within 90 day. The account will remain on their credit report as Satisfied Charged Off.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here