M

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 9:20 AM

Galaxy S22 Ultra Wi-Fi Calling Issues and SIM/ICCID Mismatch - calls & text not received and not sending- Any Solutions?

Has anyone else encountered persistent Wi-Fi calling issues on their Galaxy S22 Ultra with Xfinity? I've noticed disabling WIFI temporarily fixes missing calls and texts. But there's more; the ICCID on my SIM card never matches the one on my account, no matter how many replacements I get. This also affects my smartwatch pairing. And after activating a new smartwatch and using an Xfinity Gateway, it's all gone downhill. I'm seeking solutions or any advice on dealing with this. Here's a post discussing similar issues: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/network/calls-not-coming-through-using-wifi-calling/659dbbaf8f01ac51ddb8ae1c

Details of My Experience:

• Duration & Impact: The call issues have persisted for several months, profoundly affecting both my personal and professional communications.
  • Efforts to Resolve: I have engaged with Xfinity representatives multiple times, both virtually and in-store, dedicating considerable time to troubleshooting without success.
  • Hours Invested: I've cumulatively spent several hours in these efforts, which has been a frustrating and time-consuming process.

Key Issues Identified:

• Wi-Fi Calling Observation: After extensive testing, I noted that disabling WIFI occasionally resolves the call issue, suggesting a link to Wi-Fi calling functionalities.
  • SIM Card and ICC ID Mismatch: Despite repeated SIM card replacements by Xfinity, the ICCID on my SIM card never matches the one registered to my account. This mismatch persists regardless of the number of replacements.
  • Smartwatch Activation & Gateway Usage: The onset of these issues coincided with a new smartwatch activation and starting to use an Xfinity Gateway.
  • IMEI Discrepancy: The IMEI number on my phone does not match the one registered in my Xfinity account, complicating the smartwatch pairing.

Broader Implications:

• Widespread Issue Potential: Considering the similarity to the forum post, this might be a more common problem than realized, with many customers potentially affected.
  • Lack of Representative Training: There seems to be a gap in Xfinity's representative training concerning these specific technical issues.

Current Status:

• I am currently exploring potential causes, with the only tangible lead being the temporary fix achieved by turning off Wi-Fi.

Call to Action:

• I strongly encourage Xfinity to investigate these issues, update their system, and adequately train their staff for such scenarios.
  • The critical nature of reliable communication in today's world cannot be overstated, and the ongoing issues I've faced underscore the urgent need for robust and reliable mobile services.
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here