user_iyvdi4's profile

Wednesday, February 7th, 2024 1:15 AM

Frequency 2.0 speaker double beeps

I have the same beeping problem as others, that began yesterday. The speaker is charged. It double beeps every 60 seconds if connected to my phone. It's previously worked fine and I've changed nothing.

I couldn't get past the automated idiot at Xfinity because it doesn't recognize "Frequency 2.0" and none of the options given are relevant. Replies to previous questions were referred to chat help, which is no help.

This is a forum. I thought that was where you went for assistance. Please don't refer me to the automated idiot. I couldn't locate an online manual for the speaker. Do you have a link for one? Supplying a link for a manual would help everyone with Frequency 2.0 problems.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

5 months ago

Agree that low battery charge may be the cause of the once per minute double beep. I paired my Frequency 2.0 speaker to my Win 11 desktop early today. The charge started out showing 60%. Many hours later, when the charge had dropped to 20%, the speaker began to beep-beep every 60 seconds. I suspect that either your speaker's battery isn't really charging, perhaps due to a fault in the charging cord or charging circuit, or perhaps the battery is failing and can only hold a partial charge.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

5 months ago

... I couldn't locate an online manual for the speaker. ...

I couldn't either, but there is a scan of the manual at https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/customer-service/xfinity-rewards-bluetooth-speaker/629b757e855f616353aeb5f5?commentId=629b87a8855f616353aeb7b4

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

3 Messages

5 months ago

Thank you BruceW for the copy of the manual, it's much appreciated. Unfortunately, it doesn't address my problem. The issue isn't listed, so I hope I get other responses...maybe even from Xfinity! 

Official Employee

• 

622 Messages

@user_iyvdi4 Thank you so much for reaching out to us here with your questions! Normally, beeping coming from a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi Speaker indicates a low battery charge on the device. If the battery is charged you may want to reach out to the device manufacturer for options to deactivate the beep altogether.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here