U

Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 12:51 AM

Closed

Formal Complaint Submitted to BBB Against Xfinity for Non-Delivery of Phone and Inadequate Resolution Efforts

Subject: Formal Complaint Against Xfinity for Non-Delivery of Purchased Product and Subsequent Customer Service Issues

Dear Better Business Bureau,

I am writing to file a formal complaint regarding an issue with Xfinity regarding the non-delivery of a mobile phone I purchased, followed by inadequate customer service and resolution attempts that have not only failed to address my concerns but have also led to undue stress and potential financial loss.

1. Incident Description: On April 18, 2024, I received a shipment from Xfinity which was supposed to contain a new phone. Upon opening the box, I found only packing paper, a packing slip, and no phone, phone box, or charger. The contents were clearly not as purchased, and the item I paid for was missing.

2. Initial Customer Service Contact: I immediately contacted Xfinity customer service to report the issue. The service representative filed a claim on my behalf and instructed me to await further instructions from the claims department.

3. Requirement to File a Police Report: Subsequently, I received a call from Xfinity’s claims department informing me that filing a police report and providing pictures were necessary to proceed. Initially reluctant, I complied and filed a police report on the same day, April 18, 2024, and submitted all required documents via email, receiving no response.

4. Follow-Up and Weight Discrepancy: On April 22, 2024, I followed up with an email that included a screenshot of the tracking details, highlighting a weight discrepancy. The package's weight was listed as .8 pounds, aligning with the combined weight of an empty shipping container and the phone, but no box or charger. This suggests the shipment was incomplete at best, or incorrect at worst. Again, I received no response.

5. Further Communication and Claim Resubmission: On April 24, 2024, further attempts to resolve the issue were met with poor customer service; the agent was unhelpful, attempted to end the call prematurely, and could not provide any timeframe for resolution, though they mentioned resubmitting my claim.

6. Claim Denial and Insurance Filing Suggestion: The most distressing part came on April 28, 2024, when I was informed via email that my claim was denied. Instead, it was suggested that I file an insurance claim with a deductible, implicitly suggesting that I report the phone as lost, which it was not.

7. Broader Concerns: It has come to my attention both through discussions with store employees and police that missing phones in shipments is a recurring issue, suggesting a possible pattern of negligence or malpractice.

Request for BBB Intervention: I request the intervention of the Better Business Bureau to help facilitate a fair resolution to this matter. I seek either the delivery of the phone I purchased or a full refund, in addition to a formal inquiry into the pattern of complaints similar to mine, which suggests a larger issue at play.

Thank you for your attention to this serious matter. I am prepared to provide any further details or documentation needed to support my case.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

user_3idugk Hello there! Thank you for using our Forums to contact our team and we are happy to work with you to see how we can help. To get started can you please send us a DM with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

2 months ago

Did the BBB help you get this resolved?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here