U

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 6:10 PM

Formal Complaint Regarding Unauthorized Lines and Overcharges Account

I am writing to formally lodge a complaint regarding unauthorized lines added to my Xfinity account and the resultant overcharges I have been experiencing since February 2024. Despite multiple attempts to resolve this issue through your chat support, the problem remains unaddressed, and I have not received any credit for the overcharges.

The issue began on June 20, 2024, when I noticed that each time I added a new device for myself or my children, a new line was added to my account without my authorization. This resulted in six lines on my account, significantly increasing my monthly bill from what should have been approximately $196 to over $280.

These lines were never requested or authorized by me, and it is absurd to suggest that each of us would have two phone lines.

The billing discrepancies are as follows:

- **February 2024:** $302.13 (overcharged by $105.76)

- **March 2024:** $302.13 (overcharged by $105.76)

- **April 2024:** $311.60 (overcharged by $115.23)

- **May 2024:** $446.65 (overcharged by $250.28)

- **June 2024:** $288.00 (overcharged by close to $100)

I have been a long-time customer and have always paid my bills on time. Despite this, I am being charged random amounts that are significantly higher than what I should be charged. I have repeatedly contacted Xfinity via chat support, spending multiple hours documenting this issue, but it remains unresolved.

At this point, the only acceptable resolution is for my account to be credited and my bills fixed to accurately reflect the correct charges. This resolution should also pay off the remaining devices on my account. Any remaining balance should be sent to me via a prepaid card to the address listed above. 

Please note that I am not waiting any longer to escalate this matter. This complaint is being sent concurrently to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) due to the excessive time and effort I have already spent attempting to resolve this issue directly with Xfinity.

I kindly request that Xfinity immediately investigates this matter, removes the unauthorized lines from my account, and credits my account for the overcharges. I expect a detailed response and resolution within 14 days of receiving this complaint.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_wl71tw. If you have not been able to resolve that issue through the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site we can escalate that problem from here. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here