U

Thursday, December 28th, 2023 11:52 PM

Closed

Failed identity verification when upgrading phone. Now unable to trade in phone

Attempted to upgrade both phones on my plan today. First order went through without issue. The second order requested more identity verification information, which we submitted. After the fact, we learned from Xfinity support that the identity verification information is for the account holder, and not the person that uses the line. 

Attempted to resubmit a new order, but due to "technical difficulties", we are unable to add the existing phone as a trade in. 

None of the call center employees have any clue how to resolve, nor do any of the "supervisors." 

You'd think Xfinity would have a process for errant identity verification mistakes. 

Time to start looking for a new mobile phone provider. Not worth the stress or complications.  

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

9 months ago

Hello @user_nwpqqi, I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to get the support you need on this upgrade issue, but I'd love a chance to make sure you're taken care of. My team is pretty limited in the direct support we can offer for our Mobile customers, but I can still try. Were you still having issues completing that second upgrade? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here